MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Using Twitter got a South Florida teenager in major trouble with Miami Police.
In fact, he’s now charged with a third-degree felony and could face up to 5 years in prison or a $10,000 fine.
The teenager is just 15-years-old.
He allegedly tweeted statements involving the sexual abuse and rape of young children on April 26, 2014 and tagged @MiamiPD in the tweets.
Due to the nature of the tweets, the Miami Police began investigating and retrieved the necessary information to track the source of the tweets and the identity of the handle, “Infamous Princess@5kurr”.
The account appears to have been deactivated.
According to police, the teenager stated the threats in the form of tweets were meant as a joke.
However, police did not find them funny and charged the teenager with making false reports to law enforcement.
- One Dead, Two Wounded In Early Morning Miami Gardens Shooting
- Police Identify Victim Of Deadly Drive-By Shooting In Miami Gardens
- Judge Sides With Environmental Groups That Sued Florida
- Debris Debacle: “The Governor Was Actually Doing The Price Gouging”
- Parkland Activists Working Hard Locally, Around The Nation