MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Using Twitter got a South Florida teenager in major trouble with Miami Police.
In fact, he’s now charged with a third-degree felony and could face up to 5 years in prison or a $10,000 fine.
The teenager is just 15-years-old.
He allegedly tweeted statements involving the sexual abuse and rape of young children on April 26, 2014 and tagged @MiamiPD in the tweets.
Due to the nature of the tweets, the Miami Police began investigating and retrieved the necessary information to track the source of the tweets and the identity of the handle, “Infamous Princess@5kurr”.
The account appears to have been deactivated.
According to police, the teenager stated the threats in the form of tweets were meant as a joke.
However, police did not find them funny and charged the teenager with making false reports to law enforcement.
- Homeowner Awakened To Find Car Inside Living Room
- Federal Judge Orders Florida To Treat Sick Inmates
- Police: Airport Trespasser Spit On Cop, Said He Has HIV
- Arrest Made After Woman Is Mugged, Pistol-Whipped On Miami Beach
- Arrest Made In Dairy Farm Abuse Case As Sheriff Takes Swipe At Activist Who Exposed Case