FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A ferocious visitor has made her way to South Florida – she’s swimming around about 25 miles off shore.
Satellite tracking shows “Katharine the Great White Shark” swimming her way south off the coast of Fort Lauderdale.
The giant shark was tagged with a satellite tracking device in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Scientists are watching her migration.
Marine biologists at Nova Southeastern University do similar tracking.
They track sharks and other sea life hoping to learn more about them to find better ways to help protect them.
You can also track Katharine’s movements (and other sharks too) by clicking here.
- Touching Tribute To Local Veterans During Honor Flight South Florida
- Disturbing Sex Trend ‘Stealthing’ Raising Legal & Ethical Concerns
- Exclusive: Angry Mom Demands Justice After Daughter’s Encounter With Miami Cop
- BSO: Murder Charge For Man Who Slammed Baby’s Head Against Bedpost
- Fyre Fest In Bahamas Fizzles, Concert Goers Stranded