Great White Shark “Katharine” Swimming By South Florida
Get Breaking News First
For Pet Lovers
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A ferocious visitor has made her way to South Florida – she’s swimming around about 25 miles off shore.
Satellite tracking shows “Katharine the Great White Shark” swimming her way south off the coast of Fort Lauderdale.
The giant shark was tagged with a satellite tracking device in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Scientists are watching her migration.
Marine biologists at Nova Southeastern University do similar tracking.
They track sharks and other sea life hoping to learn more about them to find better ways to help protect them.
You can also track Katharine’s movements (and other sharks too) by clicking here.
- Analyst: Video Of Sotloff Apparent Murder Appears To Be Legitimate
- Lee Co. Decides Not To Opt Out Of Standardized Testing
- Neighborhood Reacts To Apparent Murder Of Local Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Leaders React To Video Of Apparent Beheading Of Local Journalist
- Video Purports To Show Beheading Of Local Journalist