MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Family and friends gathered Wednesday evening to pray for a Florida International University student who fell off a bridge while running.
Cristina Gomez, 22, was found Monday night under a bridge in the Hammocks at SW 104th Street and 149th Avenue. Gomez suffered head trauma, broken bones and a punctured lung.
Gomez is in a coma at Kendall Regional Trauma Center.
Her family said the show of support they’ve received is no surprise.
“It’s really overwhelming but I’m also not surprised because I think Cristina is getting back what she gave to the community,” said her aunt Ana Obregon-Marquez. “She’s just a very giving, caring, loving person. You know she’s very spiritual.”
It’s not clear how Gomez fell but her family thinks it was an accident.
Another vigil for Gomez will be held Thursday at 7 p.m. at the FIU fountain. Click Here for details.
- Pence Plane Slides Off Runway At NYC’s Laguardia Airport
- Miami-Dade Police Responding To Officer-Involved Shooting In Homestead
- Plantation Family Wins Fight Against City To Keep Up ‘Extreme Christmas’ Display
- Hillary Clinton To Join JLO For Her Miami Concert
- Judgement Day For DUI Driver Who Faced His Paralyzed Victim