MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Family and friends gathered Wednesday evening to pray for a Florida International University student who fell off a bridge while running.
Cristina Gomez, 22, was found Monday night under a bridge in the Hammocks at SW 104th Street and 149th Avenue. Gomez suffered head trauma, broken bones and a punctured lung.
Gomez is in a coma at Kendall Regional Trauma Center.
Her family said the show of support they’ve received is no surprise.
“It’s really overwhelming but I’m also not surprised because I think Cristina is getting back what she gave to the community,” said her aunt Ana Obregon-Marquez. “She’s just a very giving, caring, loving person. You know she’s very spiritual.”
It’s not clear how Gomez fell but her family thinks it was an accident.
Another vigil for Gomez will be held Thursday at 7 p.m. at the FIU fountain. Click Here for details.
- Man Hurt After Strange Object Explodes, Neighbors Wondering If It Was Planted
- Preliminary Report On Las Vegas Massacre Does Not Reveal Motive
- Family: Tom Petty Died Of Accidental Drug Overdose
- Exclusive: Prosecutors Release Calls In Michael Irvin Sexual Battery Case
- Senate Vote On Track To Fail: Gov’t Set To Shut Down