FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami/AP) – A South Florida lawyer, indicted with others in an alleged multi-million investment fraud scheme, is missing and should be considered armed and dangerous, the FBI says.
Michael Ralph Casey was indicted with others in a $19 million investment fraud scheme.
Casey failed to show up to an April 29 federal court hearing and hasn’t been heard from since.
Casey has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy and fraud charges stemming from a September 2012 indictment.
A judge issued a warrant for Casey’s arrest.
Authorities say Casey’s company Commodities Online LLC promised big returns on commodities contracts but there were no profits, with older investors being paid with money from newer ones.
The Fort Lauderdale company was shut down by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Hundreds of investors around the world were victimized.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- ‘Alex’s Death Could Have Been Prevented’: Victim’s Dad At March For Our Lives In Parkland
- Tens Of Thousands Take Part In March For Our Lives Parkland
- ‘The Adults Need To Make A Decision’: Supt. Carvalho On March For Our Lives
- March For Our Lives Event Draws Crowd On Miami Beach
- Half A Million To Send Message At DC March For Our Lives Event