MIAMI (CBSMIami/AP) — The University of Miami will host some of the top economists from across the Southern Hemisphere later this month to talk about trade and the future prosperity of Latin American.
The ninth annual conference on May 22nd features former Mexican Secretary of Foreign Affairs and New York University professor Jorge Castaneda; Center for Strategic and International Studies director Carl Meacham and former Brazilian Secretary of Foreign Trade Welber Barral, among others.
Up for debate: How Latin America fits into the changing global trade landscape, politics and prosperity in the region and what comes next for Venezuela.
The event is sponsored by the University of Miami’s Center for Hemispheric Policy, with support from a broad range of mostly business backed international and local organizations.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Bizarre Incident Leads To Man Shot At McDonald’s Drive-Thru
- Electoral College Member Says She’s Constantly Emailed To Dump Trump
- Death Toll Climbs To 36 In Oakland Warehouse Fire
- Woman In Critical Condition After Being Attacked By Dogs In Lauderhill
- Members Of Pinecrest Temple Travel To Cuba To Connect With Jewish Community There