MIAMI (CBSMIami/AP) — The University of Miami will host some of the top economists from across the Southern Hemisphere later this month to talk about trade and the future prosperity of Latin American.
The ninth annual conference on May 22nd features former Mexican Secretary of Foreign Affairs and New York University professor Jorge Castaneda; Center for Strategic and International Studies director Carl Meacham and former Brazilian Secretary of Foreign Trade Welber Barral, among others.
Up for debate: How Latin America fits into the changing global trade landscape, politics and prosperity in the region and what comes next for Venezuela.
The event is sponsored by the University of Miami’s Center for Hemispheric Policy, with support from a broad range of mostly business backed international and local organizations.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- FDLE Special Agent In Charge Speaks About Investigating Police & Deputy Involved Shootings
- Trump: ‘Tremendously Confident We’re Going To Win In Florida’
- Caught On Camera: Burglar Ransacks Home Tiptoeing Around Sleeping Children
- Hillary Clinton ‘Not Taking Anything For Granted’ In Florida
- Police: Cancer Survivor Killed In Robbery Gone Wrong