MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – As anyone who lives on or visits Miami Beach knows, parking can sometimes be a challenge.
Now the city wants to make it a little easier.
On Monday, May 12th, they’re launching new apps for iPhones or Android cell phones to help drivers find and pay for a parking spot.
To find a spot, use the ParkMe Miami Beach app which provides live information on municipal parking availabilities throughout the city.
Once parked, drivers can use the new ParkMobile app to pay. ParkMobile app user fees will be waived from May 12 -25 as part of an introduction to the new service.
As an introductory to the new service, ParkMobile user fees will be waived between May 12 – 25, 2014.
Registered Miami Beach residents receive 43 percent discount on metered parking in South Beach ($1.00 instead of $1.75 an hour).
ParkMobile ambassadors will be available throughout the week, following the launch, at various on and off-street parking lots.
Both apps (ParkMobile and ParkMe Miami Beach) are free to download.
- Gov. Scott Visits Zika-Free Wynwood To Help Boost Business
- Person Stabbed At Lauderdale Lakes High School Football Game
- Concern Over Cyber Threat To Election Systems Prompts Meeting Between State, Feds
- Matthew Rapidly Strengthens To A Powerful Category 4 Hurricane
- Miami Lighthouse For The Blind Celebrates Huge Milestone