DAVIE (CBSMiami) – The son of a former Miami Dolphins player is keeping it in the family.
Former Illinois wide receiver Ryan Lankford posted on his Twitter account that he had signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent, according to The Sun-Sentinel.
“Looks like I’ll be taking my talents to South Beach! #FinsUp,” Lankford tweeted out.
Ryan’s father, Paul Lankford, played in two Super Bowls with the Dolphins. He retired following the 1991 season after a 10-year career with the team. He was drafted by the Dolphins out of Penn State.
Lankford played in 130 games for the Dolphins from 1982-91, according to the paper. In his For his career, he had 13 interceptions, three fumble recoveries and three sacks.
After four years playing for Illinois, Ryan Lankord’s football days came to an end on a dubious note. He broke a bone in his left shoulder in a game against Michigan State in October, 2013. He finished the season with 15 catches for a little over 300 yards and one touchdown.
During his time at Illinois, Lankford had 70 receptions for 1,014 yards and seven touchdowns, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
- Former Dolphin WR Davone Bess Surrenders To SWAT After Standoff
- Dolphins Sign Rookie Kenyan Drake To Four-Year Deal
- Reshad Jones Reports To Dolphins Minicamp After Missing First Day
- Reshad Jones’ Contract Dispute Keeps Him Out Of Dolphins Minicamp
- Report: Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Expected To Skip Minicamp