MIAMI (CBSMIami/AP) — A family legacy continued Saturday at one medical school in Miami.
First cousins Phillip and Paul Tenzel received their doctor of medicine degrees from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. And they’re not the first to do so in their family.
Their fathers and an uncle are ophthalmologists and Miller School alums. Their grandfather, Richard Tenzel, taught and practiced at the school’s Bascom Palmer Eye Institute from 1960 to 1991. On Match Day, the cousins wore a bowtie and light blue jacket in honor of their grandfather.
Phillip Tenzel will continue the ophthalmology tradition while Paul Tenzel’s residency is in general surgery.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Final Senate Debate Between Rubio, Murphy Focuses On Slew Of Issues, Personal Attacks
- New Poll Has Trump Leading Clinton In Florida
- Affidavit States Jose Fernandez, Friends Had Strong Odor Of Alcohol
- Foreign Students Find Hidden Cameras In Miami Beach Apartment
- Miami Police Find Striking Similarities In Robberies Just A Week Apart