MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The forecast looks great for mom this Mother’s Day weekend. However, it will be extra breezy so if mom gets her hair done, she’ll need to use some extra hairspray.
Winds will be out of the southeast between 15 and 20 mph with gusts closer to 25 mph.
On the water, winds will be close to 20 knots at times with choppy waters.
There will be a high risk of rip currents at local beaches.
Highs Saturday will be warm in the upper 80s through Broward, Miami-Dade and the Keys.
Only spotty showers are anticipated Saturday and will not last very long.
High pressure will continue to control the forecast into Mother’s Day keeping South Florida breezy and warm with a high near 88 degrees.
Showers and thunderstorms come into the forecast next week.
- Fourth Nor’easter Knocks Out Power, Strands Travelers In Upper Northeast
- Is It Really Spring? 4th Nor’easter In 3 Weeks Closes Schools, Delays Flights
- ‘Significant Damage’ In Alabama After Storms Hit Southeast
- Enjoy The Thrill Of The Chill As Coldest Air Of Week Arrives
- Chilly Start & Coldest Temperatures Of The Week Are On The Way