MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The forecast looks great for mom this Mother’s Day weekend. However, it will be extra breezy so if mom gets her hair done, she’ll need to use some extra hairspray.
Winds will be out of the southeast between 15 and 20 mph with gusts closer to 25 mph.
On the water, winds will be close to 20 knots at times with choppy waters.
There will be a high risk of rip currents at local beaches.
Highs Saturday will be warm in the upper 80s through Broward, Miami-Dade and the Keys.
Only spotty showers are anticipated Saturday and will not last very long.
High pressure will continue to control the forecast into Mother’s Day keeping South Florida breezy and warm with a high near 88 degrees.
Showers and thunderstorms come into the forecast next week.
- Tropical Disturbance Could Bring Rain, Flooding To South Florida
- NOAA Predicts Near Normal Or Above Normal Hurricane Season
- Tropical Disturbance Will Bring Rain To South Florida Over Holiday Weekend
- Tropical Disturbance Moving Toward Gulf Will Bring Us More Rain
- Rainy Season Has Arrived With A Vengeance