WINTER PARK (CBSMiami/AP) — The ex-wife of golf star Tiger Woods’ is graduating from a Florida college.
Elin Nordegren is graduating from Rollins College in Florida with a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
Woods is also the recipient of the Outstanding Graduating Senior award. She finished her courses with a 3.96 GPA.
Assistant dean Sharon Lusk says Nordegren’s application for the prize “spoke to the determination of a single mom to complete her degree.” The school also noted her service work to help children in foster care.
Nordegren divorced Woods after reports emerged about his serial marital infidelity following an early morning car accident outside their central Florida mansion.
In an interview with the college, Nordegren spoke of her long interest in psychology and the challenges she overcame in earning her degree.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Oliver Stone Says Corporate Censorship Led To ‘Snowden’ Movie Rejection
- Roger Ailes Out As Head Of Fox News, Fox Business
- First Lady, James Corden Hit The Road For ‘Carpool Karaoke’
- Taste Of The Town: Ft. Lauderdale Staple Serves Up Southwestern Fusion
- Famed Muralist Donates Work To Help Haiti