WINTER PARK (CBSMiami/AP) — The ex-wife of golf star Tiger Woods’ is graduating from a Florida college.
Elin Nordegren is graduating from Rollins College in Florida with a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
Woods is also the recipient of the Outstanding Graduating Senior award. She finished her courses with a 3.96 GPA.
Assistant dean Sharon Lusk says Nordegren’s application for the prize “spoke to the determination of a single mom to complete her degree.” The school also noted her service work to help children in foster care.
Nordegren divorced Woods after reports emerged about his serial marital infidelity following an early morning car accident outside their central Florida mansion.
In an interview with the college, Nordegren spoke of her long interest in psychology and the challenges she overcame in earning her degree.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Many Willing To Tell “Little White Lie” If Late For Work
- ‘N Sync To Reunite To Receive Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Lindsay Lohan Becomes Ironic New Spokesperson For Lawyer.com
- Alan Cumming On Instinct, Whoopi Goldberg & Macbeth
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg Breaks Silence After Data Scandal