SUNRISE (CBSMiami/AP) — He is known as the pilot credited with the “Miracle on the Hudson” and Saturday, he addressed South Florida graduates.
Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger was the speaker at Nova Southeastern University’s undergraduate commencement Saturday in Sunrise.
More than 1,400 students received bachelor’s degrees.
Nova Southeastern president George Hanbury said Sullenberger’s “heroism and leadership set the perfect tone for our graduating seniors.”
The pilot was at the helm of a US Airways flight that lost engine power after striking a flock of geese after taking off from New York’s LaGuardia Airport in in January 2009.
He landed the plane in the Hudson River and all 155 people onboard survived.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Judge Lifts Order For Mental Health Report On Broward Escapee
- Suspicious Package At Miami Police Station Prompts Evacuation, Detonation
- Powerball Jackpot Soars To $422 Million
- Man Charged In Deadly 2015 Wrong Way Crash
- Cash For Opponent Pours In As Wasserman Schultz Struggles