Dolphins Take OL Turner In 3rd Round Of Draft
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — The Miami Dolphins traded up to select North Dakota State tackle Billy Turner in the third round of the NFL draft Friday.
Miami traded a third- and fourth-round pick to the Oakland Raiders to move up. The Dolphins selected Louisiana State receiver Jarvis Landry in the second round.
Turner played on three consecutive Championship Subdivision championship teams at North Dakota State. He’s expected to compete for a starting job at guard for the Dolphins, who have only one returning starter in the offensive line from last season.
The Dolphins selected Tennessee right tackle Ja’Wuan James with the 19th overall pick in the first round Thursday. They traded down twice before selecting Louisiana State receiver Jarvis Landry in the second round.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cespedes Hits 3 Doubles, Mets Top Marlins, Take NL East Lead
- Mets, Blue Jays, Astros Improve Odds To Win 2015 World Series
- Perkins: ‘I’m Not Counting on Evan Mathis’ to Miami
- Winderman on Ross’ Comments: ‘NFL is Not The Only Show in Town’
- This Week In Golf: Troy Merritt Claims First PGA Tour Victory In Quicken Loans National