DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — The Miami Dolphins traded up to select North Dakota State tackle Billy Turner in the third round of the NFL draft Friday.
Miami traded a third- and fourth-round pick to the Oakland Raiders to move up. The Dolphins selected Louisiana State receiver Jarvis Landry in the second round.
Turner played on three consecutive Championship Subdivision championship teams at North Dakota State. He’s expected to compete for a starting job at guard for the Dolphins, who have only one returning starter in the offensive line from last season.
The Dolphins selected Tennessee right tackle Ja’Wuan James with the 19th overall pick in the first round Thursday. They traded down twice before selecting Louisiana State receiver Jarvis Landry in the second round.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Maple Leafs’ Matthews Sets Rookie Scoring Mark Against Panthers
- Whiteside’s Buzzer-Beating Tip-In Lifts Heat Past Pistons
- Grant Hill On Final Four: ‘Any One Of These Teams Capable Of Winning’
- Pliskova Makes Miami Open Semis; Nishikori Reaches Quarters
- Trump Declined Nationals Invite For Opening Day 1st Pitch