Jets Pick Louisville Safety Calvin Pryor At No. 18
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets have selected Louisville safety Calvin Pryor with the No. 18 pick in the NFL draft.
Pryor could compete with Antonio Allen for a starting spot opposite Dawan Landry, giving the Jets a big hitter in their secondary. He became a starter at safety midway through his freshman season and quickly became a team leader. The 5-foot-11 Pryor had seven interceptions and 218 tackles in three seasons at Louisville.
It is the fifth straight year the Jets have selected a defensive player with their first pick. They took cornerback Dee Milliner last year at No. 9.
The selection of Pryor on Thursday night kicked off a draft for the Jets in which they entered with 12 picks, the first time they had that many since 1998.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dragic Not Expected To Play For Slovenia This Summer
- Fmr. NHL Player Arrested In Miami Beach
- NFL Upholds Tom Brady’s Four-Game Suspension
- Darlington: Jeff Ireland Was Too Caught Up on Measurables
- MLS Miami May Be Discussed Ahead Of All-Star Game