TAMPA (CBSMiami/AP) — Four people found dead inside a Florida home that burned down were shot, according to deputies.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that autopsies were still being completed to determine how they died.
Col. Donna Lusczynski said the father who lived in the home bought a large amount of fireworks and gas cans on Sunday. Authorities say the Wednesday fire was intentionally set.
Lusczynski said it has still not been confirmed the bodies were Darrin Campbell, his wife and their two teens but they have not been accounted for.
The upscale home was rented by the Campbells and owned by retired tennis pro James Blake, who was not involved.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- FIU Temporarily Suspends Greek Life Over ‘Growing Concerns’
- Good Samaritan Stops Would-be Burglar In His Tracks
- Police Search For Suspect After Young Boy Is Shot And Killed In Miami-Dade
- Exclusive: Rubio Votes Yes On Tax Plan But Says “We Have A Long Way To Go” On Economic Policy
- Coach Arrested In NY With Teen Booked Into Florida Jail