MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A South Florida father remains in jail Wednesday charged with child abuse.
According to the police arrest affidavit, Theodis Barfield broke his 8-week old son’s upper right thigh bone on May 14th.
The report states Barfield admitted to causing the injury but he said it was an accident and took place while he was changing his son’s diaper.
However, medical experts said the explanation provided by Barfield “is not consistent with the severity of the injury inflicted by the victim.”
A judge set bond Wednesday at $10-thousand and issued a stay away order.
The Department of Children and Families also confirms that it has an open investigation into the incident.
DCF also said there are other children in the family but wouldn’t give any other details.
All the children, they said, are in state care.
- FIU Temporarily Suspends Greek Life Over ‘Growing Concerns’
- Good Samaritan Stops Would-be Burglar In His Tracks
- Police Search For Suspect After Young Boy Is Shot And Killed In Miami-Dade
- Exclusive: Rubio Votes Yes On Tax Plan But Says “We Have A Long Way To Go” On Economic Policy
- Coach Arrested In NY With Teen Booked Into Florida Jail