MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A South Florida father remains in jail Wednesday charged with child abuse.
According to the police arrest affidavit, Theodis Barfield broke his 8-week old son’s upper right thigh bone on May 14th.
The report states Barfield admitted to causing the injury but he said it was an accident and took place while he was changing his son’s diaper.
However, medical experts said the explanation provided by Barfield “is not consistent with the severity of the injury inflicted by the victim.”
A judge set bond Wednesday at $10-thousand and issued a stay away order.
The Department of Children and Families also confirms that it has an open investigation into the incident.
DCF also said there are other children in the family but wouldn’t give any other details.
All the children, they said, are in state care.
- Gov. Scott Visits Zika-Free Wynwood To Help Boost Business
- Exclusive: Reporter Shares What He Says Is Proof Of Trump’s Illegal Dealings In Cuba
- Person Stabbed At Lauderdale Lakes High School Football Game
- Matthew Keeps Gaining Strength, Becomes Category 5 Hurricane
- Concern Over Cyber Threat To Election Systems Prompts Meeting Between State, Feds