MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A South Florida father remains in jail Wednesday charged with child abuse.
According to the police arrest affidavit, Theodis Barfield broke his 8-week old son’s upper right thigh bone on May 14th.
The report states Barfield admitted to causing the injury but he said it was an accident and took place while he was changing his son’s diaper.
However, medical experts said the explanation provided by Barfield “is not consistent with the severity of the injury inflicted by the victim.”
A judge set bond Wednesday at $10-thousand and issued a stay away order.
The Department of Children and Families also confirms that it has an open investigation into the incident.
DCF also said there are other children in the family but wouldn’t give any other details.
All the children, they said, are in state care.
- The Struggle Over Sun Life Stadium Policing In Miami Gardens
- Art Basel Brings Big Business & Big Money To South Florida
- Satellite Art Fairs Grow At Art Basel As Wynwood Walls Get New Look
- Wilton Manors Couple Spreads Awareness On World AIDS Day
- Investigation Underway After Small Plane Crashes In Opa-Locka