MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A South Florida father remains in jail Wednesday charged with child abuse.
According to the police arrest affidavit, Theodis Barfield broke his 8-week old son’s upper right thigh bone on May 14th.
The report states Barfield admitted to causing the injury but he said it was an accident and took place while he was changing his son’s diaper.
However, medical experts said the explanation provided by Barfield “is not consistent with the severity of the injury inflicted by the victim.”
A judge set bond Wednesday at $10-thousand and issued a stay away order.
The Department of Children and Families also confirms that it has an open investigation into the incident.
DCF also said there are other children in the family but wouldn’t give any other details.
All the children, they said, are in state care.
- Report: Jeb Bush Back In Bid For Marlins; Jeter Seeks New Investors
- JetBlue Flight Heading To Ft. Lauderdale Forced To Make Emergency Landing
- South Florida Air Force Pilot Injured In ‘Mishap’ During Air Show Practice
- Coconut Grove Man Back In US After 9 Weeks In Arab Prison
- Shooting Suspect Seeks Acquittal After Witness Is Gunned Down