TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) – College football star Jameis Winston, on the night he reportedly walked out of the supermarket with crab legs and crawfish, appears to have paused in order to avoid a deputy for leaving.
Florida State University’s quarterback and baseball player Winston, in April, was issued a civil citation after sheriff’s deputies say he walked out of a Publix supermarket without paying for $32 worth of crab legs and crawfish.
According to the incident report prepared by Leon County Sheriff’s Office, which issued the civil citation, the Heisman Trophy winner paused to avoid a deputy on his way out of Publix supermarket.
The report details what witnesses and video camera at the Publix supermarket saw the night Winston walked out of the store with three pounds of steamed crab legs and a pound of crawfish. Left unclear was whether Winston also stole butter, or just put it in a bin of sale items before he left the store.
Winston was suspended from FSU’s baseball team for three games until he completed required community service.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Community Continues To Mourn Loss Of Rising Star Jose Fernandez
- Jose Fernandez The Greatest ‘30 For 30’ Never Told? Filmmaker Wants To Change That
- Marlins’ Ozuna Turned Down Invitation To Join Fernandez On His Boat
- Mets Help Playoff Chances By Beating Mourning Marlins 12-1
- Healing Begins As Teammates Channel Jose Fernandez’s Fiery Spirit