MIAMI (CBSMiami) – One of three teens shot Friday night while riding bike in Miami has been released from the hospital.
Police have released the identity of the teens shot Friday at NW 41st Street near 22nd Court.
Benjamin Thomas, 14, was released from the hospital. Conditions on the two other 14-year-old victims, who have been identified as Ezekial Harris and Kendrick Thompson, are not known.
According to police, the rear passenger in a car began shooting at the victims through an open window.
Three of four teenagers at the scene were shot.
Miami-Dade Police Detective Roy Rutland said Sunday the car was a tan or champagne colored sedan, possibly a Lexus.
“One thing is clear: we have a Lexus, or a vehicle like it that’s out there, and we know the men or women that are in it are dangerous. We know they are armed because they’ve already proven that,” said Rutland.
The teens were all transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital Ryder Trauma by rescue with injuries in their arms and back.
Family members say a group of people was outside about 8:00 p.m. Friday when suddenly bullets flew through the fence and into the house.
No one inside the house was hurt, but three young men were.
- Halle Berry Steals The Show At ‘Kidnap’ Red Carpet On South Beach
- Another Campaign Death Threat In Senate District 40 Special Election
- Son Of Missing Coral Springs Man To Testify On Capitol Hill Tuesday
- Police Pursuit Of Vehicle ‘Driving Erratically’ Ends In Crash, Non-Contact Shooting
- John McCain To Return To Senate Just Days After Brain Cancer Diagnosis