LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) – Police in Lauderhill are investigating a shooting on Monday night that left an elderly man injured.
According to officials, two large groups of girls were fighting at 5735 NW 27 Avenue when a 74-year-old man believed to be an uncle of one of the girls tried to stop the fight.
Police said he was thrown to the ground and shot.
Neighbors say they are shocked someone would attack a senior citizen.
“A 74-year-old man breaking up a fight, that sounds like an elderly man trying to do his job, protect his community,” said neighbor DeWayne Tate. What you shooting him for? It makes no sense, what harm is he going to do to you?”
The victim was taken to Broward General for treatment and is expected to be ok. Investigators are still looking for the shooter. Anyone with information is asked to call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- Derek Jeter & The Marlins Step Up To The Plate For Thanksgiving
- Bittel Stepping Down As Florida Dem Chairman Following Report He Makes Women Feel Uneasy
- Suspended Over Kinsey Shooting, North Miami Police Commander Now Suing City
- Double Murder Trial Begins For Man Accused Of Slaying Wilton Manors Couple
- Suspect Wanted For Shooting Pregnant Woman, Killing Child