WILTON MANORS (CBSMiami) — A missing baby boy was back in his mother’s arms Sunday.
The six-month old baby Perry was missing for two days. He went missing from his home in Wilton Manors.The baby was without medications that might have been needed to keep him safe.
“I feel so wonderful, and I feel happy to have him back in my arms again,” said his mother Latrice Johnson.
Johnson, went to police on Thursday, the day he went missing. She and the baby’s father, Perry Fletcher Senior argued.
The father took the six-month-old from his Wilton Manors home.
“I was scared and I was worried about him,” said Johnson.
While Wilton Manors police say Perry Fletcher Senior shares custody of the baby, there were other concerns. The father was wanted by police for an un-related issue.
Baby Perry was also without medicine for asthma and other medical needs.
For two whole days, the baby’s mom waited to get him back.
“It was really scary. I didn’t know where he was. Has he bathed and all that stuff,” said Johnson.
The baby’s father returned the baby and was jailed for those unrelated charges.
“I know his father.He’s a good father, but sometimes, he gets drunk and forgets about the kid sometimes,” said Johnson.
With his sisters at his side, Baby Perry seemed blissfully unaware of any concerns about his where-abouts.
- FIU Temporarily Suspends Greek Life Over ‘Growing Concerns’
- Good Samaritan Stops Would-be Burglar In His Tracks
- Police Search For Suspect After Young Boy Is Shot And Killed In Miami-Dade
- Exclusive: Rubio Votes Yes On Tax Plan But Says “We Have A Long Way To Go” On Economic Policy
- Coach Arrested In NY With Teen Booked Into Florida Jail