LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) — A 1-year old girl is in the hospital after she nearly drowned in a Lauderhill pool on Sunday.
It all happened at 7351 NW 35th Court.
According to police, the child’s mother went to the bathroom and left the child unattended.
When her mother walked out of the bathroom, she found her child floating in the pool, ran over and performed CPR on her.
“She was crying. She was a mess. She was hanging on one of the police officers because she was ready to sit down. She was really, really sad, ” said Kayla Badalol.
Police said the pool did not have a fence around it.
“Critical, absolutely critical, that you take a swimmer safety course and make sure that the pool has a safety fence around it. It can obviously make the difference between life and death, ” said Lt. Greg Solowsky of the Lauderhill Police Department.
The baby was breathing when she was rushed to Plantation Hospital. Family members told CBS4 the child will fully recover.
- North Korea Still Willing To Meet After Trump Cancels Summit
- No Charges To Be Filed Against Miami-Dade Police Officer In Fatal Shooting
- Scary Week For South Florida Parents
- School Shooting Survivor Calls For ‘Die-In’ Protest At Publix Supermarkets
- Fake Vet Running Clinic Out Of His Apartment Sought By Hialeah Police