LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) — A 1-year old girl is in the hospital after she nearly drowned in a Lauderhill pool on Sunday.
It all happened at 7351 NW 35th Court.
According to police, the child’s mother went to the bathroom and left the child unattended.
When her mother walked out of the bathroom, she found her child floating in the pool, ran over and performed CPR on her.
“She was crying. She was a mess. She was hanging on one of the police officers because she was ready to sit down. She was really, really sad, ” said Kayla Badalol.
Police said the pool did not have a fence around it.
“Critical, absolutely critical, that you take a swimmer safety course and make sure that the pool has a safety fence around it. It can obviously make the difference between life and death, ” said Lt. Greg Solowsky of the Lauderhill Police Department.
The baby was breathing when she was rushed to Plantation Hospital. Family members told CBS4 the child will fully recover.
- Judge To Rule On Cuban Migrants Found On Keys’ Lighthouse
- Two Dead In Miami Gardens Drive-By Shooting
- Business Owner Says “Nothing Illegal On Ocean Drive” As Strip Club Rumors Circulate
- Tim Tebow Prays With Passengers After Man Suffers Medical Emergency On Flight
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Texas Abortion Clinic Regulations