FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – The Fort Lauderdale Police Department arrested two people for the alleged human trafficking.
Devaun Canion, 21, and his girlfriend Kamille Clarke, 19, were arrested May 1.
According to a complaint affidavit, an undercover member of the department acted as a 16-year-old girl on the website Mocospace looking for someone to be her “pimp”. Mocospace is known as a site where alleged pimps search for juvenile victims in the sex trafficking industry.
Over the course of a couple of weeks, the undercover officer conversed with the two defendants and detailed getting paid for sex acts.
Canion and Clarke were identified as the people allegedly responsible for the text messages between the undercover officer.
They face two charges each of human trafficking and forced sex activity on a person under the age of 18.
- FIU Announces Blood Drive, Vigil For Bridge Collapse Victims As Classes Set To Resume Monday
- Cirque Du Soleil Performer Dies After Fall At Florida Show
- Thousands Of Florida Homeowners Will Be Paid For Lost Trees
- Florida Schools May Get More Help To Hire Resource Officers
- Florida Driver Strikes 4 Motorcycles, Killing 1 Rider