Gas Leak Forces Residents Out Of Apartments
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A gas leak forced residents from their apartments Thursday night said a City of Miami fire official.
Miami Fire Rescue arrived at 6312 N.W. 12th Avenue just before 6 p.m. to reports of a heavy smell of gas.
“As the fire crews arrived, we could find there was a smell in the area, but we could not pinpoint where it was,” said Lt. Ignatius Carroll with Miami Fire Rescue.
According to Carroll, the gas levels were too high to allow residents to remain in their apartments and they were told to evacuate this site until the leak could be located and repaired.
TECO Gas Company located the leak on the sidewalk area near the front of the apartments according to fire officials. Heavy equipment was used to fix the leak.