Gas Leak Forces Residents Out Of Apartments

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A gas leak forced residents from their apartments Thursday night said a City of Miami fire official.

Miami Fire Rescue arrived at 6312 N.W. 12th Avenue just before 6 p.m. to reports of a heavy smell of gas.

“As the fire crews arrived, we could find there was a smell in the area, but we could not pinpoint where it was,” said Lt. Ignatius Carroll with Miami Fire Rescue.

According to Carroll, the gas levels were too high to allow residents to remain in their apartments and they were told to evacuate this site until the leak could be located and repaired.

TECO Gas Company located the leak on the sidewalk area near the front of the apartments according to fire officials.   Heavy equipment was used to fix the leak.

 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Miami

Sign-Up Now For Our 2016 Knockout Pool
Have What It Takes To Win? Sign-Up Now

Listen Live