Labor Day: What’s Open & Closed
September 2, 2013 10:28 AM
Get Breaking News First
Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.Sign Up
Top Spots For Shopping In South Florida
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Monday is Labor Day. Here’s what’s open and closed throughout South Florida.
- Federal offices: Closed.
- Miami-Dade and Broward County offices: Closed.
- Miami-Dade and Broward courts: Closed.
- Miami-Dade and Broward Transit: Sunday schedule for both counties.
- Miami-Dade and Broward libraries: Closed.
- Public schools: Closed.
- Garbage collection: Normal trash collection schedule in effect for both Miami-Dade and Broward.
- Banks: Most are closed (but check with your specific branch).
- Stock markets: Closed.
- Post offices: Closed; no deliveries.
- Bus, rail service: Sunday schedule in effect.
- Tri-Rail: Weekend schedule. Customer service call center open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Malls: Open.
Thursday September 5th is Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.
- Miami-Dade and Broward County Courts will also be closed Thursday.
- Miami-Dade and Broward County Schools will also be closed.