MIAMI (CBSMiami) – If you’re heading out to the Miami Dolphins preseason game on Saturday, there’s a new safety policy instituted by the NFL that could impact nearly all of the fans.
The new rule impacts the types of bags fans bring to a game. The rule states:
- Fans may carry only one bag this is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and does not exceed 12″x6″x12″ or a one-gallon plastic freezer bag.
- Fans may also bring in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception is made for medically necessary items after inspection at Gate E.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
The Dolphins and the NFL also said that season ticket holders will be given an NFL approved bags and non-season ticket holders wanting branded bags approved by the league can buy them at the team store at Sun Life Stadium.
- CLICK HERE for an example of acceptable bags from the NFL.
The policy will be in effect for all NFL games this season.