Local

Carbon Monoxide May Be Responsible For Woman’s Death In NE Dade

View Comments
Wylene Floyd was found dead in her Miami-Dade home. (CBS4)

Wylene Floyd was found dead in her Miami-Dade home. (CBS4)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Cheap Eats
cheap eats 300x225aa Carbon Monoxide May Be Responsible For Womans Death In NE Dade

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A northeast Miami-Dade man remains hospitalized with what is believed to be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Tuesday afternoon, a woman called the management company of Romont South, off 2nd Avenue and 203rd Street, to report a bad smell coming from Wylene and Bobby Floyd’s apartment. Romont South is a seniors retirement complex near Miami Gardens.

The woman, who lives next door to the Floyds, said the smell had been around for about 48 hours and had actually made people sick.

The management company called a Paulette Campbell, a relative of the Floyds.

“When I went inside the back I looked through the sliding glass door I saw my grandmother on the floor. We then called 9-1-1,” said Campbell.

Campbell said her 77-year old grandmother was dead and Bobby was unconscious not too far away.

Bobby Floyd was rushed to Jackson North in critical condition. Once he was stable, he was moved to
St Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach.

“They were vibrant, always doing something,” said Campbell. “My grandmother loved to cook, she cooked every day, every morning. Bobby takes a walk every morning, that’s their routine.”

Campbell said she thinks she knows what killed her grandmother.

“The apartment was completely filled with gas. I’m a nurse so I immediately knew that it was probably carbon monoxide poisoning,” said Campbell.

Miami-Dade investigators have focused their attention on a possibly faulty gas stove and oven which had recently been installed.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,564 other followers