LAKE BUENA VISTA (CBSMiami) – It’s the “Year of the Ear” at Disney Parks. Both the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando and Disneyland Resort in California have started selling new, limited-edition Disney couture ear hats.
It’s part of Disney’s Limited Time Magic: 52 weeks of magical experiences big and small that appear, then disappear as the next special surprise debuts.
Each week, special experiences will greet visitors through special entertainment, menus, and collectibles.
Some of those collectibles will delight fans of the popular Mickey Ear hats. There will be a series of new hats released each month honoring different holidays, styles, characters, and themes.
While some of the designs are basic, others will be elaborately decorated using sequins, embroidery, feathers, and more.
The first group of hats in the series is being titled “Disney Couture.” Like the others to be released throughout the year, a limited quantity of each style will be sold. The hats will be available in stores across the Walt Disney World property.
Disney officials say the Limited Time Magic was inspired by the reality that many of life’s most cherished memories are made during those special, but fleeting moments when families spend time together with shared experiences.
Here’s a sampling of Limited Time Magic in store for guests in 2013 — for a limited time only:
- True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Guests can celebrate their Valentine as Magic Kingdom and Disneyland turn up the romance, complete with their iconic castles bathed in hues of red and pink. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine collectibles will be offered for the week.
- Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
- During “Long Lost Friends Week,” lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight with meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests will even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
- Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th Hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Capt. Hook, Jafar and other Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief on Sept. 13.
- Golden Horseshoe Revue: A tribute to the fabled Frontierland show comes to Disneyland for one month only, bringing back some of fun-filled humor, songs and dance numbers often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.