MIAMI (CBSMiami) — The man who was the voice of Sesame Street’s Elmo has been sued by a second South Florida man who claimed Kevin Clash sexually assaulted him when he was a teenager.
The victim, who’s now 33, says he met Clash in late 1995 or early 1996 on Miami Beach. The teen was looking for a job when he met Clash.
The suit alleges Clash befriended the teen and the two used to talk on the phone frequently after Clash returned to New York.
The victim claimed Clash paid for a plane ticket for the teen to visit him in New York, gave him cash and a free place to stay.
During the visit, the teen stayed in Clash’s apartment for 4-days. During the visit, the suit states Clash and the teen had sexual contact on multiple occasions.
The victim’s attorney, Jeff Herman, said “According to our lawsuit, Kevin Clash knowingly paid to transport a minor across state lines for the purpose of satisfying his sexual interests.”
This marks the 4th civil suit filed against Clash seeking unspecified damages.
Herman plans a news conference for 1 p.m. Monday in Aventura.
Kevin Clash resigned from “Sesame Street” last month after 28 years.