MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A man arrested and charged with a shooting spree at a crowded Overtown park during a youth football game that left three people hurt earlier this month has been denied bond.
Jamar Jordan, 20, appeared in bond court Friday, one day after being charged with three counts of attempted murder and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon for the Gibson Park shooting.
Police had been searching for him since right after the Sept. 7th shooting. Witnesses said the new park, at 350 NW 13th St., was packed with more than 300 people. The Overtown Community Optimist Club was playing the Northwestern Boys & Girls Club. The kids playing were 11 and 12 years old.
According to police, two victims said they saw Jordan yelling at someone. A friend of Jordan tried to stop it and started to push Jordan out of the park, according to an arrest affidavit.
But Jordan broke free, reached into his waistband and pulled out a gun, the affidavit said, firing four or five shots.
Three people were hit by the gunfire, including Tranise Harris who was shot in the arm.
Another person was shot in the calf and a third in the thigh. All survived.