Woman Bitten By Cobra At Seminole Indian Pow-Wow
Get Breaking News First
HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – A professional snake handler was rushed to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood after she was bitten by an Indian speckled cobra on Saturday.
According to the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Venom Response Team, the 24-year old woman was bitten during a show on Saturday at the second annual Seminole Okalee Indian Village Pow-Wow on the grounds of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino complex. The snake was approximately three feet long.
The woman was rushed to Memorial Regional. The Venom Response Team was contacted and they used an Air Rescue helicopter to get the anti-venom to the hospital. The woman was given
five vials of anti-venom and after about 15 minutes her symptoms started to decrease.
On Sunday, the Venom Response Team said the woman was doing great and will not have any long-term effect from the bite.