Tebow To Dolphins Next?

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Now that the Miami Dolphins have moved on from Peyton Manning and lost out on free agent quarterback Matt Flynn, there’s another name that continues to percolate just below the surface who could be a major draw for Miami.

Tim Tebow.

For the Dolphins to acquire Tebow, the Denver Broncos first had to acquire Peyton Manning.

Now that Manning has chosen to negotiate a new contract and play for the Broncos, Tebow is now available and the Fins need a draw like Tebowmania, regardless of the play on the field.

As profootballtalk.com wrote Friday morning, if the Fins lost out on both Manning and Flynn, “the only way owner Stephen Ross can make a big splash in the short term would be to put his trust in Tebow.”

The only problem is Tebow has proven time and time again in the NFL that he has trouble throwing the football with precision and/or timing. New Fins head coach Joe Philbin’s West Coast offense depends on both precise and perfectly timed throws, neither of which Tebow can do on a consistent basis.

For example, in 2011, Tebow completed just 46.5 percent of his passes, which was the worst amongst all NFL starting quarterbacks. The next worse was St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford.

There’s also a problem with Tebow’s salary going forward.

According to Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post, Tebow is owed $1.1 million in base salary in 2012. That number is extremely manageable for the Dolphins, who are up against the salary cap.

That means in order to get traded, a new team would likely have to restructure Tebow’s contract, which Tebow would have to agree to as well.

The one thing Tebow could do for the Dolphins is sell season tickets. Being a former Florida Gator, who is still beloved like no other college player in Gator history, would go a long way towards putting more Gator fans into the stands for Dolphins games.

Still, it could backfire on the Fins because Miami Hurricanes fans may not be as willing to support Tebow as Gators fans, and in South Florida there are far more Canes fans than Gators fans.

The Dolphins do have the firepower to acquire Manning if they choose. The Fins picked up two extra third-round picks last week in the trade for Brandon Marshall.

If the Dolphins hold fast and don’t trade for Tebow, he may still be available.

According to ESPN.com’s Chris Mortensen, the Broncos will either trade Tebow or release him. Letting that information out may not have been in the Broncos plans, because it kills any potential trade market for Tebow.

Acquiring Tebow wouldn’t necessarily be about football, it would be about business.

It could sacrifice long-term development for short-term financial success for the Fins. While Tebow did lead the Broncos to the playoffs last year, it’s going to be difficult to run an offense he can succeed in long-term in the NFL.

Remember though, Fins owner Stephen Ross is all about celebrities and not necessarily what’s best for the Dolphins franchise. Acquiring a player with Tebow’s celebrity may be the only splash he can make if both Flynn and Manning turn the Fins down.

Now that Miami has missed on Manning and Flynn, the debate will turn to Tebow and the business-side of the Dolphins may win out over the football side.

Comments

1. ellie lightt says:

Tebow mania bout right

1. yoshiknows says:

Tebow is a very smart choice – he will immediately bring excitement to the team. He can play the final 20 yards – there is no player that smells an end zone like him. Fins fans don’t want another mediocre year waiting for some draftee to develop (or not develop) – Moore is not bad and with Tebow to help, this will be a great year for the fins. Come on Ross, do something right. Tebow has a winning attitude and I know he is a better QB now than he was a year ago.

1. Mike says:

Better than last year? Maybe.

Good? No. He can “smell the end zone” all day, he’s an inaccurate that’d be working under a West Coast offense coach.

They’ll sell a bunch of jerseys and lose a bunch of games. It’ll set the franchise even further from contention than they are now.

2. matken says:

Peyton Manning is a God.

3. PATTY HENRY says:

PEYTON MANNING USED to be a “god” but he’s now a 36 year old, rusty coot controlled by his ego. He may hae a few good games in him…but ask yourself…why did the team who knows him best pass over him for a mere $28 M?? Elway has been so jealous of TEBOW that his skin turned green. TIM can hit the pass, and he can run the ball and he can make 10 yards look like inches. He can lead. He is great to watch. HE loves football. I hope he gets the hell out of Denver!! Comes back to FLORIDA where we love competitors who have hearts and not hasbeens who will sit and slap each other on the back. I’ll pull for a MANNING (ELI) but never PEYTON…and the BRONCOS? I’ll only watch if TEBOW has made a good deal with them, otherwise why bother? This was a sad day for football.

4. Horsense says:

Belickick will cherry pick him, he’s a big fan, visited Gainesville, took Tim to Lunch, and thinks way outside of the box. Heck he an Gonzales were a fearsome duo in college.

5. MB says:

Tebow might change his eye-black to Peyton 3:19.

2. Chief says:

I WAS a bronco and ELWAY fan now Im with TEBOW wherever he go’s

1. PoliceStateExposed says:

Who cares. Unelected officials took over Washington and the media after the coup and cover up. Even most of the comments online are financed with your tax dollars. Big brother is trying to create the perception of public opinion while burying the truth. They think you can’t handle the truth. Fact of the matter is we have no democracy, president, and freedom of press is an illusion.

Our next election is shaping up to be as big of a sham as the last. Do you know why Sarah Palin’s bus tour was really canceled? Do you know why she stayed 30 miles away from the second debate and chose the death of Steve Jobs to announce that she’s not running? Know what leaked out? Sarah Palin and Cain aren’t in the race for the same reason, the truth leaked out.

Search PalinsDirtyLittleSecret for the biggest cover up in world history before it disappears forever much like me.

2. William says:

I feel the same. I have been a Bronco fan for over thirty years..I will follow Tebow and wish him success I knw he will have.

3. Bill Duke says:

Tebow is going into the dust bin of history.

4. Paulmatthew22 says:

Same here,.Goodbye Dolphins!!,.After 35 years Im done,.Go Jets!

5. Paulmatthew22 says:

Same here bud,.I was a Dolphin fan for 35 years,.Im done with ineptitude,.Thank God for the Broncos who made the last half of the last yr intriguing football,.Go Jets!

3. Bob A says:

Tebow is a better QB than Alex Smith. Plus Smith is a nobody and Tebow is worshipped in Gator Countrry. I think Tebow will improve every season. After all he has not gotten one full season under his belt yet.

4. mrb says:

Tebow needs to go to a team without the ego of John Elway who only won the big games in his last couple of years as a player. Tebow will never live up to Elway’s ego. A different team will be better for him.

5. Chris says:

Tebow my libido with this story and comments. I go limp every time I have to read the same rhetoric over and over again.

6. MANHUNTER says:

I’m a Steelers fan and always have been, but Tebow did beat the Steelers. I remember another former NFL quarterback who was praised for his incredible arm strength, but criticized for his inabiity to read coverage and his lack of accuracy – especially in his younger years. The media occasionally referred to his as “Lil Abner”, but we know him as Terry Bradshaw and he won four Super Bowls while calling his own plays. As noted above, Tebow had basically no pre-season and his mechanics are sometimes suspect, but he’s shown that he can win, despite a team with a pretty anemic defense. I’m with the folks who think Tebow’s surge in popularity threatened Elway’s legacy and “legendary” status with the Broncos. I like Peyton Manning, but, because he appears to suffer from the same ailment as his older brother Cooper, I fear that he has less than a year left in the league – to his and the Bronco’s long-term detriment, but maintaining Elway’s legacy…

7. Joanne says:

There are NOT more Canes fans in Miami than Gator fans. The Canes have no real fans and never have had. The article did not fact check his unwarranted and unsupported assertion. Apparently the journalist is not a Florida resident as he would have known this.

1. daniel says:

You are totally wrong. There are more Canes fans in Miami. U should check your facts. There are no doubt a lot of Gator fans, but they are outnumbered in Dade and Broward County by Hurricanes fans.

8. Keith Cooper says:

I think Tebow will go to Miami but then will be traded to Carolina for Cam newton. This is the trade that makes the most sense.

2. Ryan D. says:

Flynn has already signed with Seattle. Check your facts.

3. Jack says:

After 40 years as a Bronco’s fan, I am looking also looking for a new team. Like Tim Tebow, Clinton Portis, Eddie Royal, et al. Every decent player is traded. Time to trade Bolen and Elway.

1. Bob says:

Right behind you, Jack. As a 30 year Bronco fan and former Elway fan, it’s unreal how they are destroying the team for what could possibly be a very short term goal. They don’t have the defense to support Manning, and have lost out on a lot of free agents with their myopic view on Manning. Their treatment of quarterbacks (Plummer, Cutler, now Tebow) is terrible. Throwing out all my Broncos gear. Always did like the Dolphins since I was also a Marino fan. May have to switch to them.

1. Charlie Beymer says:

I am a Dolphins fan & I do not want Tebow. I want a real QB & Tebow will never get any better. He cannot read a defense & his mechanics will never get any better. He is what he is & that is not an NFL QB. I feel sorry for any team that gets him. When his team does win, it is all because of him & when his team loses it is because of bad coaching or poor play by the other players.

2. AntiBronco says:

@Charlie

Don’t let facts get in your way. Every time there was a loss, Tebow would be front and center saying he was at fault, and didn’t get the ball to the guys. How long had it been since the Broncos made the playoffs again? Hmmm Dolphins – wonder when they’ll make the playoffs next?

3. Mike says:

@antibronco: If you think you made the playoffs because of Tebow, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

4. Jim says:

@Jack and@ Bob and most Tebow fans .”Their treatment of QB ” I dont see Orton and Quinn on that list.The fans got Tebow traded not Tebow’s play.

(Tebow fans) will never let Manning do his job without calling for Tim to be the starter.

5. Lioness says:

Jack & Bob–I concur!! Well, I’m NOT the only one feeling the same way then. Was being dismissed as “emotional”, (probably cuz I’m a chick, too, it didn’t have as much cred), but this under the bus throwing is cheap and sleazy. Not what I’d have expected from the Broncos…til now. Even earlier today also called myself a FORMER Elway fan.
        He’s a bit too full of himself it seems.Wouldn’t trust my back turned to him. Respect for him LOST!
        Stupid, STUPID move!~ BIG $9 mill gamble, I personally think will –in the not so distant future—bite them in their collective orange and blue behinds!
        I’m a Tebow fan, THEN maybe a Broncos fan. And I’ve been a Broncs fan for a LONG time.
        Still hope to snag a Tebow Broncos jersey/shirt. Wonder if they’ll be worth more or less now.

6. postofficemike says:

Hope they don’t play the Ain’t Saints! We know what they try to do to star players!

2. rich says:

The Broncos just bought an invalid. 4 surgeries in 18 months. Some 4.5 sec. lineback, almost half his age, will break his neck.

1. Austin Ed says:

That LB’s name is Tamba Hali

2. Horsense says:

Its almost a certainty, he’s made enemies on the field, there are bounty scandals being exposed, and he’s over the hill. Elway this week just wrote his epitaph. I see it as the mile high slack-jaw club.

3. Bill Duke says:

But he can read a defense and complete a pass and little Timmy Teblow can do neither one of those.

4. lisaq says:

You said it – Manning should’ve just retired and gone out on top. Now, he’s likely just going to wind up paralyzed when some linebacker snaps his neck.

5. Darrell says:

Amazing that someone would use a derogatory comment about Tebow when he has been the most upfront on his losses and weaknesses, and the first to sing the praise of every other person on the team when they win. He is a stand up guy, without the hate, you could learn something. I wish Manning well but I agree that I don’t think he will last very long. They could have built on their defense with the 20 million a year they are giving him.

6. Phoenix says:

hehe yeah if the Broncs play the Steelers , im sure Harrison will hit Peyton the same way he hit Colt McCoy last year and poor Peyton will be out of business.

3. AntiBronco says:

No doubt! Plus – how many years does Manning have left? One? Five? or One-Half? Sounds like just the type of trade Elway wants – he feels threatened by Tebow – I really believe he does. He puts a guy out on the field who had no off-season, and yet still takes them to the play-offs, but Elway started dropping hints that “unless he wins” (against the Steelers) we’re gonna have to bench him. So he wins, and Elways STILL replaces him ASAP.

I’ve rooted against the broncos for decades – came close to being able to root for them a couple of years, but there was always two or three players who blew it for me. For the first time in my life, I could finally root for the Broncos in the 2011 season. If Manning comes and Tebow goes, I’ll go back to watching every game just to root against them again.

1. Danimal50 says:

I’m right with you AntiBronco! Elway is the “Jerk of Denver”. Insecurity is his middle name. Teabow is to good for the Broco’s. He’s a class act. They all want to say he can’t this, and he cant that…but at the end of the day the boy puts it in their face! I was slow to like Teabow, but once i did, i will never not support him. He amazes me with the selfless acts he does while no one is watching. He is the best sports role model i have scene in a long long time. He wins, and none of the establishment likes it, its not their way, its his way! Well i say right on, and stick it to them forever Mr Teabow!

2. Bill Duke says:

Tebow was 1-3 in his final regular season games and 2-4 when you add in the post season Take off Timmy’s halo and you’ll see that record got Orton traded. Tebow is a below average QB.

4. greeper says:

I’m with Jack on this one very frustrating

4. jgmurph says:

T E B O W —

1. Randy Bobandy says:

L O S E R –

5. Not Chicken Little says:

This will be known as The Disaster in Denver – they’ll be lucky to get a whole year out of Manning, and I’ll predict they’ll have a worse season than with Tebow, and destroy the morale of the team.

Contrary to the article, I think Tebow is the choice for the long run, for any team that takes him. The short run is Denver picking Manning.

6. the dude says:

if there is a god he wont let tebow come to the dolphins.

7. jim says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

8. squidvetohio says:

He has proven time and time again he can’t throw…..

No, all he does is WIN WIN WIN!

1. Steve the stud says:

He threw pretty well against the Steelers.

1. krp says:

The Bills and the Patriots had him figuring out.. Bill Belichek would be chomping at the bit to be able to face Tebow twice a year …..

9. Kenny B says:

Stay classy, Linda. Stay classy….

10. Mark Matis says:

If Tebow was black, every sportswriter in this country would be praising him.

1. Bob says:

You have that right. But since he is a white Christian, he is the root of all evil in their opinion.

1. Mike says:

Well, that and the whole “weak, inaccurate arm” thing.

But yeah, it’s totally a religious/racist thing.

2. doug says:

Uh, Manning is a white Christian.

2. Mookie says:

Wow!!! Really? That’s because black QB’s get special treatment I guess? McNabb was damn near run out of Philly after keeping them in the hunt every year. Cam came into the NFL with a tarnished college record. Terrelle Pryor came into the NFL with a tarnised record. Jordan Jefferson is labeled a “thug” after a bar fight. I’m sure by the time RGIII gets to Washington “something” will be uncovered. Michael Vick….I better not.

3. Pragmatik wisdom says:

Can you say Donovan McNabb?

1. Mike says:

LOL please don’t tell me you’re trying to compare McNabb’s arm to Tebow’s. Have you ever watched football?

11. Amazed says:

Uh… Tebow had a 7-4 record with a playoff win over the Steelers. Seems this writer was out of the country a good bit last year. Shame that so many writers have the bandwagon mentality. What was Cam Newton’s record? 6-10. And he is supposed to be the “it” guy?

12. TransitDave says:

Tebow, come on down to Old Miami town……….

13. tim says:

go kneel somewhere else
    oh – and take ireland with you

14. Richard says:

you’re obviously biased against Tebow. What about that touch down pass in the first ten seconds of overtime against the Steelers wasn’t it? Tebow’s running, the receiver is running and Tebow nailed it. Forty some yards I believe.

1. Mike says:

So he made one great pass, and that negates him being near-historically bad for most of the season?

1. Danimal50 says:

Mike, you have no idea of how much that one pass meant to people in Denver. It was a freaking miracle, and it happened and you can throw all the little tantrum’s you want, but Teabow is the man and you sir,well you have been found….. “wanting”…..LMFAO

2. jekyllisland says:

One more than you

3. teaj says:

bitter much?…

15. Big Head Manning says:

I hope Manning becomes the new spokesman for Hover Round.

16. Come on down Timmy!!! says:

Where does the local media always get this notion that there are “far more Canes fans than Gators fans” in South Florida?? I would bet that there are 2-3 times the numbers of Gators to Canes anyday. Why is it that Miami can’t sell half its tickets to most home games but Gators will travel pretty much anywhere to support their school? The recent Gator/Canes baseball series was a great example. two to one Gators, on their home field! The Holiday Basketball Classic, this time more like four to one Gators! Miami has always had a good amount (for them) of actual fans here, but the vast majority of their South Florida “fans” are just the big mouth poseurs who have never stepped on campus or attended a game.

1. MiamiGator says:

I would totally agree with the above statement about there are more Gator fans than Cane fans in South Florida, but I would definately disagree with bringing Timmy down here, but the Dolphins are just dumb enough to do it

2. Come on down Timmy??? says:

Probably true, but that’s precisely the problem…..South Florida fans are all bandwagon jumpers and what kind of a bandwagon can you jump on when the Dolphins are 1-7 midway through the season with Tebow.

3. Hoss Chisum says:

Good point ! UM is also a PRIVATE elitist school with a smaller enrollment than even Notre Dame. I (UF – ’78) live in the Upper Keys and its about 50-50, even here ! Bummed that JAX signed Henne and the Fin’s Garrard for a year as that leaves Tim no choice but to go out of state. This alone will cost JAX or Miami about 10,00 usually empty upper level seats, TV blackouts of home games, and luxury boxes full of corp-types.

17. Joseph says:

This has to be a plant. No Christian would call someone a profane name and then say God has plans for anyone.

18. Will says:

Let’s see…..Tebow won over 2/3rds of his reguar season games last year as well as a playoff game. If Manning can’t match this production, I predict that both he and that schmuck Elway will be run out of town on a rail🙂

19. Dasha says:

A careful warning to Mr. Tebow, the management of the Dolphins seems devoid of character or wisdom and the fans are fickle , neither the fans or the owners have faith or patience to develop a team or players to their full potential. It’s the bragging rights of being a team or player that wins, not the ones that play with heart. Between the Marlins sour deal for Miami tax payers and the personnel shifts of the Dolphins, there are too few “sports” in these games for a bright future for a believer of anything.

20. GozieBoy says:

Tim, why all the references to “fins”? Dolphins are much more than “fins”. For example, why not call them the “bottle noses”, or better yet, the “blowholes”? In Houston we call them “grilled Mahi Mahi smothered in crab meat and garlic butter”. Mmmmmmm…

1. Gander says:

Hey GozieBoy, wrong kinda Dolphin. Mahi Mahi is from the Dorado or Dolphin fish.
      Not the mammalian Dolphin. Please don’t embarrass the rest of us Houstonians
      that way.

1. Hoss Chisum says:

We get those first graders down here all the time and set them up by putting Blackened Blow-Hole sammies and Snout-Strip baskets on the menu just to see how dumb they really are… Beside, Dolphin is a trash fish. Fast growing table food. Who the heck would waste crab meat on it ? Houstonians ?🙂 I use to live in Humble and Kingwood and remember that REAL Houstonians eat grilled red snapper smothered in a crawfish red sauce. Now that is good !

21. Cyraneau says:

It is truly amazing; Tim Tebow produces and the “experts” refuse to give him any respect. But it doesn’t matter; Tim Tebow trusts in Our Lord Jesus. That is all that matters. The Lord will continue to use him to demonstate what a Godly man looks like and to confound the “wise men” who make their livings being cynical.

1. Mike says:

Some of us trust what we see, and that’s a pretty decent running back trying to be a bad QB. Not sure what Jesus has to do with it.

22. kbuzz says:

Tebow may not have the greatest Arm, but he is getting better. And what about that offensive line… sure didn’t see them buying him the time that Elway & Manning get. When he sets & shoots, he is right up there, but when you have to scramble to stay alive, he gets you the yards. Give him a line, and Denver would be going places.

1. LC says:

You don’t know football. Any offensive line issues are nearly 100% related to Tebow’s inability to make pre-snap reads and get rid of the ball quickly. He has to scramble because he can’t see the field well enough to know where to throw the ball.

23. Wedge says:

When a friend suggests he limit the length of one jump because, “Concessions do a lot better when you make your jump,” an annoyed Evel Knievel throws down the gauntlet: “Did we come here to sell nachos or open a can of whup-ass?”

If Stephen Ross brings in Tebow, he is clearly saying he would rather sell nachos. As a lifelong Dolphins fan, I am one Tim Tebow away from turning in my Dolphins lifetiime membership card. I am finally fed up with the poor front office decision-making and absolute inability to do a franchise-resurrecting deal. If Tebow goes to Miami, I swear I will be wearing a Steelers jersey next year. Stephen, the coice is yours.

***I have nothing against Tim Tebow. I think he is great for the game and a fine human being. Let’s face it though, he won’t resurrect the Dolphins.*****

24. Tuffy says:

I wish Dallas would trade out Romo for Tebow. They could use some of Tebow’s good graces. Miami would be lucky to have such a talented, class act, stadium filler.

1. Zan says:

Dallasl has no hope until Jerry Jones goes! The Boys haven’t done well since he fired Jimmy Johnson. He wants to coach so bad he won’t leave well enough alone and just be the owner. I wouldn’t wish Tebow on any of that mess.

1. Tuffy says:

I grew up with the Cowboys and I’m sad to see a bit of a “golden boys” entitlement mentality lately, that it’ a ‘given they’re Americas team and don’t have to earn they’re greatness anymore. Tebow would bring a bit of that “underdog” magic back to a team who’s britches have gotten too big. Wherever Tebow goes, I hope he is given the attention and coaching he deserves. He showed more heart last season than the whole Dallas team combined. Yawwwwwwn

2. Gail Stout says:

I THINK i READ THAT THE COWBOYS SIGNED ORTON SO THAT WON’T WORK.

25. Steven says:

Interesting to see the dynamics of how management works (Or doesnt). Tebow put Denver back in a great fan base. Now these fans are cut off at the knees. Good case study for tone deafness.

26. astralweeks says:

Come on home to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tim.

27. MWM 221 says:

I think the Bronco’s end up keeping Tebow. He’s the one QB that won’t belly-ache about being behind a great QB. He may actually have enough time to develop into a decent starter with Manning as his mentor.

1. rich says:

Manning is deadman walking, he just doesn’t know it yet. One hit and he’s done. Who buys a 14 year injured veteran? What do the Colts know that escaped the Broncos?

28. kathy says:

Tim Tebow is just starting his career….manning is at the end of his. Bad move Broncos. I don’tunderstand all the Tebow hate. He can only get better. His rookie year stats are better than mannings.

1. jeff says:

I would have thought is would be good to keep Tebow and let him learn from Manning. Elway really didn’t like Tebow from the start. Only started to like him because they made the playoffs.

1. josh says:

If Curtis Painter didn’t learn anything from Manning, Tebow won’t. PLus he wants to play…doesnt want to be back up.

2. Danimal50 says:

Kathy, Its all about John “aint i something” Elway and his EGO….doesn’t matter if it makes sence or not, the “Dunce of Denver” is at work and doesn’t want to be upstaged by anyone on his home field, not even by one of his players. He should be fired and removed from management.

1. Randy Bobandy says:

“sense” – The Dunce of Denver

2. Randy Bobandy says:

“sense” – The Dunce of Denver

29. Mike says:

Say what you like about Tebow, but the kid’s got heart. I think we’ve seen time again that heart trumps the tangibles. Denver might have just cut their heart out.

On the other hand, Miami has needed a heart transplant for a long time. Maybe this is just what the doctor ordered.

Go Miami!

30. johnnydrama says:

I think the Tebow criticism has been way over the top, the guy throws a nice deep ball, he had zero offensive weapons in Denver and absolutely torched the vaunted steelers D when they had everything to play for and were pretty much at full strength. he has trouble reading defenses like any young QB, but the guy is clearly a weapon, and his ability to extend a play means he is a big play threat at all times. I think in a few years we’ll look back with amazement that this guy had so many doubters early on. The conventional wisdom is often totally wrong in NFL and ESPN circles as one guy says something and then everyone wants to act smart by agreeing…foolish in todays NFL to not be able to accept that you can be successful doing things a different way, .

31. harpozappa says:

I would like to see Tebow spend a year or two on the bench behind Manning. He has the will to learn, and if Manning and Elway would spend time grooming him he could be a great one. However, I don’t suspect Manning is going to turn out to have “the stuff” anymore after his surgeries and the treatment he got from the Colts. Tebow to Miami right now? Miami 4-12 next season.

32. Jackanape says:

“…it’s going to be difficult to run an offense he can succeed in long-term in the NFL.”

Nice reporting.

33. jesus says:

teblow isnt a christian. he works on the lords day and thats against the bible. in fact he should be stoned to death for working on the sabbath so sayeth the lord….

flynn would be better for MIA anyway…

1. DJG says:

“Stoning” was a Mosaic Law punishment, abrogated by the Apostles for Gentiles in the Christian era. Anyway, it applied to working on Saturday, not Sunday.

2. Danimal50 says:

You call yourself Jesus….you do not deserve to know his name.

1. Randy Bobandy says:

Maybe the guy’s name really is “Hey-zus” . You telling me that a few million christian, people of latino decent will never get to meet your jewish zombie?

3. Sarah says:

Jesus said'” Man was made for Sabbath, not sabbath for man” NIV: THE SABBATH WAS MADE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE PEOPLE<<< NOT PEOPLE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SABBATH "" THANK YOU, SARAH

4. Cashlock says:

Study your Bible, the Sabbath isan’t Sunday. Most people who keep Sunday realize that. Saturday is the 7th day and any Bible scholar will verify that. There are many good arguments pertaining to all of this; but Sunday is not the Sabbath of the Bible.

34. MIAMI says:

TEBOW taking his talents to south beach ALL Tebow does is win and people still continue to hate on him as a huge dolphins fan I hope he comes to MIA and wins and takes us back to the playoffs where we havn’t be in forever and proves everyone wrong again!

35. ROCKY says:

Very stupid business move! $91M for a short term, injury pron,old Manning. YOU LOST ANOTHER FAN! My moneys on TEBOW. Literally my $ will be spent any team but the Bronco’s (and so others feel the same way).

36. Doug says:

John Elway just made a HUGE mistake. That is all I am going to say about the situation. A huge mistake for both sides.

37. MZ says:

Tebow, with a good QB coach and offensive line, could do well. Denver did not do a good job developing him. In the last game, NE swarmed him every play. The blocking was in disarray. Even so they managed to win their wildcard game.

38. Joe says:

Tebow is completely awful. All I have to say is that you’d better watch your back Ross if you make a moronic move like signing Tebow to sell seats. Even if Peyton never plays a down for the Broncos they will be better off for signing Manning because they can now get rid of Tebow.

39. Jeffrey says:

Tebow took this team (Broncos), who couldn’t win squat with the “polished QB”, and turned them into a winning team, took them into the playoffs, in one season. Please spare us the analysis on his throwing skills, even Elway had a couple of rough years as a rookie.
    Let’s be real here – the media and the athiests hate Tebow because he is an out-of-the-closet Christian. They just can’t stand that they were shut up by the winning season. So plan B is to dump him, really to try and kick him out of the NFL altogether, to silence his outspoken speech on following Jesus Christ.

40. MWM 221 says:

It just doesn’t look like any team will give up anything worthwhile to get Tebow. I think he’s is currently making about 1.75M on salary (not counting endorsments). This is the best reason for Denver to keep him around. Florida teams will have to give up more than they are willing. I say it’s Tebow and the Bronco’s.

41. DJG says:

Updating an article means removal of now-invalid possibilities.

42. specular says:

They should keep Tebow. He’s humble / smart enough to realize (1) he’s got a lot to learn, and (2) who better to learn from than Manning.

Don’t know why this kid gets so much grief from not just people who post, but also the so called ‘expert’ sports writers (apologies to language teachers everywhere for referring to them as writers).

No I’m not a religious nut job – I just think Tebow was incredibly exciting to watch last year.

43. frank ross says:

“CBS” you didn’t post my comment ! Could it have anything to do with the fact that I mentioned “GOD”? Wow, cbs libs, did I scare you ? BOO !

44. frank ross says:

The problem with denver is “ELWAY”. This has been beleives that he’s still the quarterback. He won only 1 superbowl, but in his mind, he won 10 !!!!

1. Randy Bobandy says:

Uhh, actually he won 2. Timmy can follow the jewish zombie anywhere he wants as long as it’s outta Denver😉

45. josh says:

Please, media stop..I’m a Dolphin fan..I feel like ya’ll are jinxing us…First it was Manning definitely to Miami, then Flynn definitely to Miami………our GM is an idiot

46. Steve says:

Tim

You may be starting with a mistaken assumption. Does Tebow want to play in Miami?

He will not be the first guy to say no to Miami.

47. ellenmakkai says:

I’ve lived in Denver for 52 years and hung with the Broncos “forever.” But this Elway treatment of Tebow stinks. Elway had been the king of the hill here for almost 30 years and this beautiful young stud knocks Elway off the throne. I will actively root against Manning. He has no history with Denver. He’ll come in as a contract player, do his thing and go home to NC. Meanwhile, Tebow will electrify another lucky city. I’m grieving what could have been.

48. Richard says:

The BEST thing that could happen for the San Francisco 49ers (who really NEVER had a chance to sign Manning) is for Miami to sign Tebow to a long term contract. Alex Smith would then be obliged to accept the three years being offered by the Niners especially now that he has Moss; Manningham; Davis and Crabtree to throw to. Peyton did say that he was NOT going to play against his brother in the same conference.

49. Randy Bobandy says:

Why does Jesus hate Timmy Tebow?

50. Truth says:

I can’t wait to watch the Donkeys get beat. A fan since 1972 and now an ex fan. Elway shows as much loyalty to a QB that took a 1-4 team to the AFC championship as he did to the ex wife he cheated on.

51. Steve says:

Manning won’t mentor Tebow. Just look at how well Manning mentored the Colts when he was on injury. Manning is about Manning, not the team. No team should go from super bowl contenter to last place by the loss of one player. Something was seriously wrong there with the Colts. Yes, it showed how good Manning is, but it also showed how bad Manning is as well. Manning will not help Tebow!

52. Brad says:

Big mistake by Denver signing a 36 year old Manning. Tebow’s winning percentage as a starter will be better than Mannings winning percentage as a starter.

53. iambicpentamaster says:

The NFL winds have gusted,
    Denver’s John Elway has lusted,
    They cut the big check,
    To the broken neck,
    And now the Broncos are busted.

1. Randy Bobandy says:

Damn, that was lame, what a shame.

54. Jesus says:

Tim Tebow is a winner. I like him.

55. JohnS says:

Manning is insane to go out on the field. How much is it worth to be quadriplegic? Even if there was an IRON WALL offensive line, which there is not, he is a terrible medical risk, has reduced head movement and any big hit could be his last. Tebow performed admirably for a new NFL starter, and with good coaching, who knows where he could go. Miami should grab him and, if necessary, change to offense around his abilities as he learns. How many decades has it been since Miami has has a mobile QB? Whether he wins or not, he IS exciting to watch.

56. Kenny says:

Still not convinced Tebow can play because he had one bad game against the Patriots? He’s nearly a rookie – given him a few years and he will silence all of his lame detractors, because he definitely has “IT.”

57. are342 says:

What happens when Manning can not play because of a neck injury. If Manning did not have this neck problem i would think the decision makers made a great decision/deal. I would have given Tebow at least 1 more year. I beleive Manning has seen his better days.
    My problem opersonally is that I like both Manning and Tebow but I have to pull for Tebow on this one. Go Tebow.

58. John Elway says:

Good time to trade Tebow while there’s still interest. There won’t be any by season’s end. It’s a sucker deal,, the mania is over.

59. MAnderson0783 says:

It takes a lot of rookie QBs a year or two to transition into the flow of NFL vs. college football. I fulling believe he’s working hard in the off season and will show marked improvement. The kid didn’t win a Heisman for no reason. The Broncos are making a ridiculous decision. It’s all about ticket and merch sales and they greedily think Manning will sell even more than Tim. But let’s be honest, the Broncos were barely a blip on anybody’s radar before Tebow came along, and the sudden burst in fan base will walk away if Tebow does. I’m a fan of integrity. Tebow has it, the Broncos apparently don’t. I’ll be with Tebow.

60. Ben says:

I believe Manning is a hit or two away from being a bench warmer. Three neck surgeries? Big gamble IMHO. Tebow is young and healthy. Tebow was mediocre and could be great. Manning was great and could be mediocre. They released him because he lost some arm? I smell a skunk.

61. ImSpecialSinceMommyDidntAbortMe says:

The next time Tim Tea-Bag begins his “tebowing,” he should try using a shake weight

62. Mr. Derp says:

Well at least Mr. Tebow learned Elway’s true colors now rather than after signing a multi-year deal of misery. Do the Jacksonville Jaguars need a QB?

63. Bob says:

These pro sports “contracts” make me laugh. They are constantly being “renegotiated” an dare rarely binding. Why bother?

64. Joel says:

The media is just creating hype, I think Tebow stays with the Broncos as a back-up

65. MacWell says:

Any team with enough smarts to pick up Tebow is getting a winner. The young man has a winning attitude, a winning work ethic, and a winning smile. The kid’s a natural who’d have to be made up in some hollywood living room. Tebow is going to win football games because he thinks he can win, against anyone. He will work harder than anyone else because he understands that hard work is what it takes to be a winner.
    During the next 3 seasons Tim Tebow is going to prove all the naysayers wrong. He will solidify his game play, improve his throwing arm and win games, lots of games.

66. Kay says:

I am pulling for Tebow. He gave Denver fans such a fun and exciting season…finally getting to the playoffs after six long seasons. I have been a fan of the Broncos since the “Orange Crush” days but no more.

67. Frank says:

Teebow mania ends after a couple of losses and so how does signing him for star power works…

68. Just Me says:

“The only problem is Tebow has proven time and time again in the NFL that he has trouble throwing the football with precision and/or timing. ”

I’m not sure what this reporter has been smoking but he obviously doesn’t know alot about football or Tim Tebow.

69. sc says:

All the Canes and Seminole fans will cancel season tickets or not go to games. They should start playing the Benny Hill theme when the team runs out.

70. dan says:

Miami – Please take Tebow!!!

71. Despairing says:

Are there no editors there anymore? There are so many grammatical mistakes and nonsense sentences in this pieces that it would get shredded by a high school teacher.

1. rtnorm says:

this pieces???

72. Hoss Chisum says:

A man named Lee Iacocca was fired by Henry Ford, Jr. in 1978. Joseph A. Califano, Jr., Carter’s old HEW head from 77-79 called him and said, [sic] “Lee, getting fired by the Ford’s was probably the best thing for you.” Later when Califona got fired by Carter Iacocca called him back, “Joe, getting fired by Carter WAS the best thing for you.” So, Tim, take heart, “Getting fired by bottom-feeders like Fox/Elway was the very, very best thing that could ever, ever happen to you…”

73. lisaq says:

There’s a reason the Colts let Manning go after so many years… Denver should be paying attention to it. Quite honestly, Manning is going to end up in a wheelchair, and Elway seems to be hellbent on destroying the Broncos. Tebow wasn’t the best quarterback out there, but he got the Broncos to the playoffs. Elway’s thank you? See ya, kid. No surprise there – Elway always was an egomaniac…

74. rtnorm says:

Come to Dallas…we have a QB that can produce great stats….we need a QB that can show up in the 4th quarter go that last 20 yards. Do you need Jerry’s hone number?

75. dk says:

Tebow is being treated terribly by the Broncos after he worked so hard to make them a winning team last season.

76. firefyte says:

I say good riddence. Let the Broncos have Manning and the losing season thay will endure. Tebow is a rookie that in time will redefine the QB’s role. QB’s in todays NFL can either throw or scramble…and then throw. Their entire effort is to get rid of the ball and not get hurt. Tebow is more like a linebacker still working on his throwing technique. Once he gets that perfected he will be a heck of a weapon. So King Elway the fan killer can have Manning and his fragile neck. Teabow needs to head back south where he is appreciated anyway.

1. Dagdoggydoodoo says:

50% or more of Elway’s magic came playing the Cleveland Browns. Take away their ineptitude and you have a good QB not a great one.

77. Clark H Smith says:

From the story: “But in 2013, Tebow’s base salary jumps to $5.48 million and in 2013 it rises all the way to $7.145 million.”

Wow, 2013 is going to be a very very long year. As will 2013.

78. zippo 8 says:

I am convinced Elway’s quarterbacking decisions in Denver might be influenced by his ego and desire to maintain his position as Denver’s most beloved sports star.

79. Karen says:

Last football season, Manning took $28 million from the Colts and went to France. He abandoned his team. He picked Caldwell as a coach, and Caldwell was horrible. Manning did not do the job of a team quarterback – like Brady and Favre – because he did not develop his back up. Curtis Painter was shut out by Manning, and then put on the field to fail. Manning deserves to fail next year, as does Denver. Elway is having a midlife crisis – he abandoned his wife and hates young hot jocks like Tebow. Oh, and religion makes hm feel guilty for leaving his wife and children.

I will support Tebow wherever he goes. He took the crticism and hits last year, while Manning did more Visa and Sony commercials. I suspect Manning won’t last past the first sack.

80. Victor Barney says:

Yeah, I’m for Tebow in Miami! That would bring me back to Miami I sure!

81. Mike Cragar says:

Tebow might make it in Canadian League football with a team that has a very strong running game. He has no passing ability and no NFL team would take him even as a backup QB.

82. Soon to be Jets fan says:

The only problem with Tim Tebow is THAT HE IS A TOTAL SCRUB!!! He was the WORST passer in the entire league. What do you dummys not understand about this??? The Broncos won a few games in a weak division IN SPITE of Tim Tebow and the LIMPED into the playoffs on a three game losing streak. If the Dolphins pick up this college QB I quit as a fan and buy a Jets jersey tomorrow. I can’t take this anymore.

83. Dagdoggydoodoo says:

Stay in Denver and learn from the master.

84. Tom says:

I almost had some restored hope in the Dolphins… first with Peyton; than Flynn; and finally with Tebow. But they just swapped Henne for David Garrard. That’s the Dolphins I know. I guess they don’t want to spoil their fans with too many wins this season.

85. RANDRAND says:

HIRE AN UNEMPLOYED SECURITY GUARD TO TOSS THAT SILLY FOOTBALL-THEY ARE USED TO ABUSE AND RUNNING AROUND IN CROWDS AND GETTING VERY LITTLE PAY—-JUST RIGHT!!! JETS JUST GOT “TEA-CAKES”—LEARN TO HATE!!!!!!!!MIAMI, ONCE AGAIN-ENDS UP WITH SQUAT—AS IN—“THERE AIN’T NO CLEAN OUTHOUSE TO TAKE A-SQUAT”!!

86. RANDRAND says:

WE GOT PLENTY-O-NUTHIN;!!!!!!——AND WE WON’T DRAW FLIES THIS SEASON-BUT PLENTY OF FOULS!!!!