MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A popular program which aims to restructure struggling homeowner’s mortgages is in Miami for one more day.
The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) “Save the Dream” event set up shop at the Doubletree by Hilton Miami Airport located at 711 NW 72nd Avenue last Thursday and the event runs through 8:00 p.m. Monday night.
This is the seventh “Miami American Dream Event.”
NACA’s CEO Bruce Marks said they’ve helped about 2,500 homeowners since the event began on Thursday.
Every major lender is at the event including Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
During the event, NACA’s mortgage experts assess and attempt to modify thousands of mortgages for those who feel they can no longer keep up with payments.
Bank officials are also offering significant principal reductions.
No appointments are needed, but you do need to bring specific paperwork with you.
- Proof of Income (most recent pay stubs, rental agreement(s), retirement/pension, social security, child support, unemployment and/or any other form of verifiable income)
- Mortgage Statement(s) (include a statement for each loan on the property)
- Home Owners Insurance (Declaration page)
- Bank Statements (3 months or 6 months if self employed, all pages)
- Property Taxes (Annual tax bill)
- HOA/Condo Fee (payment coupon or annual statement)
- Latest Tax Return
- Personal identification (photo id such as drivers license, state id)
NACA is a national non-profit community advocacy and HUD certified homeownership organization that has been fighting mortgage scams that decimate families and neighborhoods, according to the organization.
For more information about NACA visit www.naca.com.
Prospective homeowners could also apply for low principal mortgages at the Miami American Dream Event.
If you’ve already been foreclosed on and think you could be eligible for the approximately $2,000 payout settlement from one of the major lenders, NACA can help you too.