cbs4 My 33 Header Logo

Local

Ex-Athletic Director Accused Of Molestation Wants Bond Lowered

View Comments
Paul Mira (Source: Miami-Dade Police)

Paul Mira (Source: Miami-Dade Police)

Jasmine-Kripalini-600x450 Jasmine Kripalani
Jasmine Kripalani is a court producer for CBS4. Prior to joining...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
South Florida Crime

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Paul Mira, the former PE director at a Miami-Dade private school accused of molesting two students, sat in the prisoner box of a Miami courtroom Thursday as his attorney attempted to address his $75,000 bond.

The judge, however, did not address the bond issue Thursday and so Mira will remain behind bars until February 6th when the judge agreed to listen to the defense attorneys’ arguments to have Mira’s bond lowered.

Mira, 29, worked at Archimedean Middle-Conservatory – Archimedean Upper Conservatory on SW 72nd Street.

He’s charged with sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl and having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old. Both allegedly happened in 2011.

Mira’s attorney Walter Reynoso has entered a not guilty plea in both cases and said, “Paul Mira has total confidence in the system.”

Miami-Dade police said Mira attempted to flee after being charged in the first case and was eventually arrested in Polk County.

The arrest warrant dealing with the 17-year-old victim states that “while the defendant was aware he was being sought by police, he maintained telephonic contact with the 17-year-old victim, and even met her in person. The defendant told the 17 year old victim that he didn’t know if he should take his life and the life of the 12 year old female student. The 17-year-old reported this apparent threat to the brother of the 12-year-old victim.”

Mira faces a total of seven charges and had previously posted a bond of $140,000.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus