Up A Pole, Miami Cop OK

MIAMI (CBS4) – This is something you don’t see everyday.

Miami police officer J. Brutus is OK, but possibly feeling a bit sheepish Tuesday morning, after getting distracted while driving and running his patrol car up a pole. Not into it, but up it.

“I heard boom, boom, boom!” Pamela Green said. “Then all the lights went out. I look out, I see he’s up the pole.”

The accident happened before rush hour Tuesday morning, near the intersection of NW 6th Avenue and 67th street in Miami.

Miami police spokesperson Detective Willie Moreno said Brutus, a 4 year veteran, was driving when he was momentarily distracted, as he reached for a fallen pen. His patrol car left the road and headed for a utility pole, but before it struck the pole, the car rode up along a guy wire.

“His vehicle rode on to the tension cord of this pole,” said Moreno.

The officer was briefly trapped inside the patrol car, but was helped to freedom by Miami Fire Rescue.

The officer was not hurt, and after the door was opened from the outside, the officer was able to walk away while laughing.

“For us to look and see him come out of the car, not a scratch on him,” said Yvonne Sorellis, “He didn’t even look shook up because he was just laughing.”

Yvonne grabbed a lawn chair to wait and watch because she said the ‘police car up a pole’ is better than any movie.

“Just been very interesting; I hadn’t seen nothing this good since ‘Bad Boys’ with Will Smith,” Sorellis said.

Sorellis took pictures and had a quick plan on what to do with them, “I’m going to put them on Facebook.”

Comments

1. reggie says:

Texting perhaps?

1. The only Shock to the video is that youhad to watch a 30 second commercial and then watch peopel comment on the incident….wow FAIL!

2. Javier says:

Send these Id**** to driving school. Driving up a pole, driving 120 MPH, What’s next?

3. tina says:

The Miami cruiser was being chased by a FHP.

4. Hoof Arted says:

He was texting of course. Another idiot cop “serving & protecting us”.

1. sgt barnes says:

serving us tickets and protecting us from ourselves…

5. laffin'atcha says:

he saw the hot & now sign at Krispy Kreme.

6. CJ says:

I miss you Jessica….

1. Mark Langley says:

…has your husband left for work yet?

2. Keep Honkin I'm Reloading says:

lol

3. Huuf Arted says:

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

4. Too MUCH says:

Did you bit your tongue?

5. Ben Dover says:

That was my first thought.

7. Barack Obozo says:

Good example of the intelligence it takes to be a cop.

1. koprock says:

Yeah, no intelligence needed… just a pulse.

8. bob says:

Jerry, is your car up a pole again?

1. Tom says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My First thought too! =]

9. Pete Gaughenba says:

Probably on his laptop. I see cops all the time driving around staring at their laptop screen instead of the road.

10. cletus van damme says:

The main reason why people become cops nowadays is because of the benefits (free car, big paycheck, carrying a gun, retire after 20 years, 90k pension, best healthcare), not to protect and serve. Many were bullied in school and just want to get revenge on society. Now nobody can mess with them and they love the power. They do not follow their oath, nor do they protect and serve. They are just there to tax citizens with tickets and enforce illegal laws.

1. Buford says:

You clearly don’t know s**t about law enforcement. Time to turn off CSI and take your meds.

1. McCarthyism says:

Buford, keep livin’ the dream son, eventually you’ll come to terms with what MOST people are in our profession. When someone calls a spade a spade, no need to respond with anger by trying to defend our profession that can no longer be shielded. There are many good police officers, but they are no longer the majority — and that goes for any city, town, state, or federal LE department. It sounds like YOU are the one who needs to shut those old reruns of “The Shield” off.

2. McCarthyism says:

Brother, I am a police officer (in Boston, MA) and you couldn’t be more right about the characteristic traits of a police officer. Most of them (90% of them), are insecure, have inferiority complexes, and suffer from some identity disorder (from bullied to BULLY). Believe me, you wouldn’t want half of these guys assisting any family member or loved one of yours! It’s no wonder that EVERYONE hates police officers, but adore fire fighters! I hate police officers too — and I’m one!

1. Aaron says:

van damme and mccarthy are both right on. The benfits that cops get is outrageous-a taxpayer ripoff. What’s going to happen to this guy? Nothing most likely. Why not dock his pension to pay for this? I had a run-in with Miami PD back in 1999 because some moron in the department forgot to take my car off of the stolen list after I recovered it. Yes, I did file a report. I live in Palm Beach County now. Miami is a sewer. There ought to be a clause that their health care plans not cover illnesses related to steiroids. That would save taxpayers lots of dough.

2. thegirlulovetohate says:

from the daughter of an old timer cop, detective, and Marshall, Buford is the new breed of cop that is the reason the majority of us, me included, hate cops now. especially those in uniform seem to be the worst offenders of bloated heads and bully with a badge syndrome. suspended with pay is just time for the public to forget about the issue and then it gets swept under the rug and back on patrol they go. Days are gone when you can look to the police to go to for protection, instead, i cringe everytime I see one, waiting to see if i am their next target of enforcing the laws they love to “bend” for their own interpretation. especially here in SoFL.
        Bullies with Badges.

3. John says:

A few years back I attended a friend’s graduation from the police academy. A friend of my friend who was already an officer was there. At dinner that night the friend mentions to everyone, maybe 8 of us, that one of his favorite aspects of being a cop is that nobody can f*** with you. They he says that better yet, when he goes to bars or clubs he sometimes taunts people until they lose control. Told us that he can then proceed to beat their a**es and that after the incidents the other people get cited for assaulting an officer, because all they need to do is simply tough him, after all his taunting, and it opens the floodgates for him to give a legal a**whooping followed by a citation. He said the law in our state enables this to the point that he does not even need to identify himself during that type of scenario for the criminal, ahem… victim, to be cited for assaulting an officer.

It’s really hard to understand how people like that end up being promoted instead of weeded out.

4. JOHNNY LAW says:

With so too many that is the case. Look at the situation in North Miami Beach.

11. SerfCityHereWeCome says:

My captain really drives me up the pole.

12. TroyG says:

Lots of negative comments here. I guess there are many more perfect people in America than heretofore known.
    Give it a rest, a human being became distracted.

1. Jason says:

The problem is that a normal citizen would find himself in jail and lose his license, while the government agent (the one who wears a costume and attaches metal jewelry to it) will get a different car and at worst a paid vacation.

2. Wiglaf says:

Yes, but this police officer will probably get a nice paid vacation (paid administrative leave), won’t get ticketed for reckless driving, and will also still get his pension, health insurance, and keep his job because his fellow officers and union reps are “watching his back.” It’s the all too common problem of the police thinking they are above the law.

1. Jason says:

It’s amazing how many people lump cops into the same catagory like you do, yet still feel free to call 911 when your in trouble and have those same people save/help you… Ever hear the phrase “biting the hand that feeds you”? It applies here… Instead of trying to blanketly make cops look bad, how about you spend some time figuring out the good they have probably done you or all of us.

2. Lance says:

Jason, you’re obviously a cop. Cops always throw that “you’ll still call 911” BS up, anytime the police are criticized. You’re right though, he is only human, and should be treated as any other human that wrecked his vehicle by becoming distracted. He should be charged with reckless driving and ticketed. Agree Officer Jason???

3. Buford says:

Sounds like Lance has spent a little time in the back seat; a little angry and bitter towards cops are we Lance?

4. Wiglaf says:

Jason, I’m well aware that when you call 911, the police are minutes away. So, I’m prepared to defend myself and if the police want to stop by and clean up the bodies, then they are welcome to it. Second, you’re wrong. The police are not feeding us. We, the taxpayers, are feeding the police. If “bite the hand that feeds” fits anywhere, it’s when the police make criminals of innocent taxpayers.

5. livinthedream says:

Hey Buford, please, do us all a favor, will you leave the library’s computer alone, and return to your parent’s basement!

6. SelfDef says:

I Wiglaf I prefer to call M1911 always much closer and faster to respond.

3. Wiglaf says:

…and of course the police and their prosecutors are all too happy to ram that same law down our throats.

4. Cincinnatus says:

TroyG – the problem is you and I will get charged with a crime – he won’t. Not that we are perfect but there are two standards when it comes to what cops do and what we do.

If he isn’t charged then why should any other person?

Don’t believe me – look at the DEA agent that discharged his gun in a classroom and shot himself in the foot while telling the students what a professional he was. No charges against him despite he the fact he could have killed a student.

5. Locke says:

Not too many people drive up light poles, Troy.
      And if they do the coppers throw the book at them.
      People hate hypocrisy and for good reason.

1. TheTruthHurts says:

Well said. Any member of the public does this and they’re ‘being evaluated’ for drugs, booze, etc. – and when the insurance co is notified, gets a nice $1000 added to their car insurance bill. Brutus, he’s ‘laughing about it’ because he knows he’ll get a new car.

6. Spencer B says:

David Axelrod said it best today “The higher a monkey climbs on a pole, the more you can see his butt”

13. tim3500 says:

His doughnut fell on the floor.

14. JJ says:

I would have thought he was running from the Florida Highway Patrol!!!!!

15. Mikey says:

I’m a hot babe out jogging. I’m out making sure *this* stays a ten, when you drive by…..

1. Jane Doe says:

Are you sure it wasn’t the GPS error one?

16. Cincinnatus says:

If it is like EVERY other cop I see driving in their car – they are either talking on the phone or texting. Amazing they are are able to actually respond to an emergency considering the pressing matters they are preoccupied with on the phone.

17. Maobama says:

Glad he was ok.

1. Santa says:

At least someone here cares. Thank-you for your kindness. Society benefits from you being a part of it.

1. Rudolf says:

Eat your cookies and drink your milk you fat old elf.

18. Maobama says:

Cincinnatus? I’m from Cincinnatus. What are the chances? lol

19. JOe Dutra says:

Did he receive a field sobriety test? I didn’t think so.

20. supercop says:

Did he get a ticket or harassed by other cops like the rest of us would have? Of course not, they are above the law.

21. Ben Watson says:

Florida – home of one of the most corrupt police forces in the United States. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

1. Cavalryman says:

You mean Miami, I am sure. Perhaps ven Metro-Dade…

2. Mark Langley says:

Never been to NJ then, have you?

22. Ben Watson says:

Florida – home of one of the most corrupt police forces in America. This does not surprise me at all.

23. rex dart eskimo spy says:

Everyone makes mistakes. A refresher defensive driving course and a verbal reprimand should be all the official punishment he should get. The city should avoid releasing his name. I hope the officer enjoys the ballbusting he’s going to receive from his colleagues.

1. Wiglaf says:

Don’t forget to add getting ticketed for reckless driving and charged for any damage to public property including the police vehicle like any other honest citizen would get ticketed and charged for.

24. jacques poutine says:

isn’t the charge for distracted driving the same as for impaired driving? by law shouldn’t this man be losing his license?

25. Hank Smith says:

I am a cop. I wasn’t bullied in high school. I don’t bully the public. The “free” car is shared with another deputy. I will work till I am 60, and basically have the same 401K as anyone can have for themselves. I additionally invest on my own outside of my work retirement so I won’t be a burden on society.

I drive my cruiser 20-30K miles a year. Do you drive that much? In 15 years of service, I have hit one deer, and one roadside sign. The sign only scratched the car real bad, so it didn’t cost anything. Our department mandates that if we are at fault, we see days off. Unpaid days off.

So in fifteen years of service, I have recovered thousands of dollars in property. I have arrested and fought with dozens of really bad guys that most people wouldn’t even want to talk to. I have saved several lives in that time. I have seen horrible things that most can’t even imagine. All these things, and I work for what amounts to a mid-size community with very little crime. Big PD’s see ten times the amount of crime I do. They see much worse bad guys than I ever deal with.

This guy was probably reading something on his in-car computer while going to a call. Updates are constantly sent to it to give us a better idea of what we are going to. So calm down everyone. Its a minor accident. If you got in the same wreck, you may get a minor traffic ticket. It ain’t that big of a deal. That is what insurance is for.

1. The Point says:

I sympathize with your point Hank, but you obviously are not a big city South Florida cop, being that you hit a deer.

The frustration that you see being expressed on this article’s comment section is the result of years of escalating abuses and general apathy we get from our local LEOs.

For example, last holiday season someone thought they had a parking space I had pulled into. That person followed me into the mall, threatening me the whole time. While this person was following me, I called 911 and said that this person was following me and threatening me. Their response was they couldn’t do anything about it until this person did something to me. So much for protection, right?

Another example: A female crack head had lost her way into my neighborhood. After 2.5 hours of 6 cops and 4 squad cars doing what looked like no more than harassing her in my front lawn, they arrested her, leaving their exam gloves ON THE GROUND IN MY YARD!

I have more stories, but my point is that we are frustrated with the people who are supposed to be protecting us because the impression is that they do not care about us, yet we continue to pay for their services and don’t really have a choice in the matter.

2. Chris says:

Anyone else gets a ticket. A guy with a badge is to busy laughing to be shook up and wont get a ticket for complete NEGLIGENCE. My insurance required a deductable. Between the car, fire resue, damage to property, the tow company and his wages paid while cleaning up his mess….what do you think this cost the tax payers? How much out of pocket do you think this guy will pay? But what the hell, he got a good laugh out of it. I bet you would re-think your position if your wife or children had been walking there at the time.

1. Buford says:

Oh boo hoo Chris…get over it…it was an accident, nothing more.

3. Martin Felix says:

I go back and forth about the police. I have had a couple of major crimes committed against me, and both times I was not impressed with what the police did. I have been in involved in an accident that were not my fault and I was treated like a criminal because the perp was an attractive women. I have had police obstruct me rather than help me when trying to deal with a medical emergency. I get tickets for 10 over, and then have cops leaving the academy and heading home whiz by me at 10 over. Now civil liberties are going away and the police are militarized agents of the corporate rulers. Sorry, but now I cant trust you at all….. I am not even sure I would call 911 if I am a victim of a crime.

4. hopeand change says:

OK. You just won my vote — cops really are the most honest, upstanding, and hardest working people in the world. You are a buffoon! Who the eff cares what you have done, you clown!

1. DutyHonorCountry says:

Hopeand change does your mom still recharge your AOL minutes each month ?

5. noemami says:

You’re rare, because most cops in this country retire after 20 years with pension=full salary. Who else gets that???

6. cat up a tree says:

We really could care less about your diatribe..go eat your donuts!!

7. KissMyAmericanFlag says:

You stay in and strong, hank smith. We need more decent cops as much as we need more decent/ legal citizens here. Mistakes are often made, and perhaps the learning can happen on both sides of the badge…

26. Chris Loomis says:

Bad cop…Noooooo donuts for YOU!

27. jharry3 says:

Hopefully he was pepper sprayed, tazed and arrested like would have happened to Joe Citizen if a non-cop had done this.

28. jackieaxe says:

Hopefully he didn’t have that “15 minute” car insurance!

29. will says:

its called a guy wire not guide wire…idiot

1. Joey says:

I’m glad someone else caught this mistake. For a professional writer to make this mistake is equivalent of what the police officer did.

1. kc says:

And also likely, not a “telephone” pole

30. Jerry says:

“…Jerry is your car up a Pole again?” ” I miss you Jessica!…”

31. David says:

The important question is, will he be charged with the violation?

32. Clyde says:

Reckless driving — 6 points

Failure to maintain control of vehicle — 4 points

Speeding — 2 points

Driving while distracted — 2 points

Endangering public safety — possible misdemeanor charges

Damage to public property — fine accordingly

But this reckless, dangerous assclown will be back behind the wheel right away, “laughing” his damn head off.

1. Machismo says:

Clyde, I could not have said it better.

2. Buford says:

Sounds like Clyde knows all of this because perhaps he has been guilty of all of these violations and knows the points…right Clyde?

1. Jimmy Carter says:

Hey Buford, run on to your back yard, there’s some sheep that need some tend’n too! You goof!

3. Geosota says:

Notice the word that is never mentioned? Breathalyzer.

4. Daniel Cooper USMC (ret) says:

100 percent agree.

5. uisignorant says:

Driving your patrol car up a tree….Priceless.

33. Max17 says:

I’ve heard of pole dancing. But pole driving?

1. Wiglaf says:

He was getting into pole position.

1. area51 says:

He was getting poled up his butt area

34. Machismo says:

People think this is funny? Wait till the moron runs down your child! The dude went asleep at the wheel! It happened to me, fell asleep at the wheel, hit a car in front of me I got help. Sleep Apnea, nothing to fool around with! He will be killing people if he does not get a sleep test and get a night respirator.

35. eric says:

that’s GUY wire…

36. James Woods says:

Why is the topic cop okay? Who cares if the cop is okay? What if a bystander was standing in front of the pole or the pole was being repaired as it was driven into.

What was he doing going for a pen while operating a motor vehicle?

What’s his driving record like?

This is some reporting.

37. Sven says:

So, cop is up a pole and does he get a ticket? I bet if we the people did this we would have a field sobriety test, arrested and at the minimum issued a ticket.

Cop:NOTHING
    DO AS WE SAY NOT AS WE DO

38. pitter43 says:

It’s Florida, what’s the surprise?

39. Neal Eger says:

I guess the federal government will now have to outlaw having pens in the car.

40. robert says:

almost these comments posted are from angry road rage people in s. florida. give it a rest!

41. Pamela says:

Check the trunk… methinks it was overloaded with donuts…

42. Оксана Чуб says:

Why is this guy still driving? and why is he laughing about it? if you had done that, you’d have a pile of tickets. And what about public safety

43. Tony says:

Never thought the State Farm commercial where the guy drove his car up a pole could happen in real life.

44. Jane Doe says:

Better draft a new law banning ink pens in all cars.

45. Jerry says:

Looks like Jerry should switch to State Farm

46. Paul Scott says:

Sure, anyone can tease the police, but how many of you caught the reporters misuse/ignorance of a “guide” wire.

The officer drove up a guy wire. Not a guide wire.

In plural they are guyed wires.

Please note for future use;)

47. Gummint Idjuts says:

“Miami police spokesperson Detective Willie Moreno said Brutus, a 4 year veteran, was driving when he was momentarily distracted, as he reached for a fallen pen.”

Tomorrow’s headline: “FEDS OUTLAW PENS AND GRAVITY”

48. Gary says:

Kinda reminds me of that State Farm commercial

49. Sniffit says:

Typical Cop in a typical red state.

1. me says:

Typical liberal idiot troll on a typical SeeBS website.

50. Brutus' Driving School Instructor says:

This cop is too Brutus to drive

51. Woof Woof! says:

I think he has that raccoon treed now.

52. Albert Barlow says:

Lifetime disability and tax free pension would be the result of this in California. ” oh, my back…”

google chiefs disease. San Jose has like 68% of the police retire on disability.

53. sablegsd says:

You know, this happened to me once. It was early morning, dark and icy. I pulled up the little hill to make a right turn and hit black ice. I slid to the side of the road and hit the guide wire and rolled up it. Only difference is my little truck flipped back over and I landed upside down. Cracked my head on the side window and broke the window and knocked me out. Came to hanging upside down and bleeding. Took me forever to figure out what happened and how to get the seat belt off so I could crawl out the window.

1. N0AHRC says:

@sablegsd How did you get the seat belt off?

54. Spencer B says:

Officer J Brutus was worried about keeping his daughter off the pole – and ended up on one!

55. Spencer B says:

“Et tu stupid, J. Brutus?”

56. Darrel says:

“The officer was able to walk away while laughing.” Oh yeah, that is just HILLARIOUS!! Good thing no little kid was riding his bike, no pedestrians, no vehicles in front of the idiot driver.

Did they tox screen him? Drugs? Alcohol? Has he been cited for reckless driving? Put on unpaid suspension? Will this idiot pay for thew damage he caused? Fire the fool.

57. Strawman says:

“Reaching for a dropped pen”? Yeah right. Did he need the pen right at that very moment? So much so that he couldn’t have stopped first then reached under the seat to retrieve it? This is BS. He should be suspended at the very least for at that time of day he very easily could have plowed through a bunch of kids waiting at a bus stop. Wouldn’t have been so funny then would it? Protect us from the protectors please!

58. dperry428 says:

It’s called a “guy wire” or “guy”, NOT a “guide wire”.

59. Jack says:

On his way to an off-duty job?

60. John says:

I sure hope this officer is ticketed the same way that anyone else would be for this kind of accident.

61. Really? haters.... says:

Stupid trollers that have been in the back of a cop car and only meet the worst cops cuz the good ones can’t be bothered to handle with these trollers stupidity…
    HE IS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN TOO! HE HAS TO PAY TAXES AND TICKETS AND IT WAS A
    MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!
    How about u trollers go smoke on ur crackpipes, steal items from innocent people. See how long it takes till you go crying back for police!
    There are bad cops and good cops. YOU ragers only see the bad ones becuz they are the only ones eligible to handle ur stupidity levels.

62. MC Smith says:

Go je rk off to another episode of Cops, Do uch ebag.

63. JOHNNY LAW says:

He is a danger to himself and others. Especially in the position he’s in. What does that call for!

64. KopRock says:

I love these cop defenders comments. Cops are the least intelligent people in the world. Most fall asleep in their cars drunk or drive 120 mph to get to d. doughnuts. Just yesterday a beanstalk grow in the center lane going southbound on US1 luckily I did not hit it. The best reason to become a cop in Miami/Cuba is all the free drinks at the PBA in doe-ral, and all the hot latinas at Versalles you can pick up while on duty.

1. its me you fool says:

You said, “Cops are the least intelligent people in the world”. Some nerve coming from someone with awful grammer.

2. cat up a tree says:

It’s either hanging out at the dolphin mall with the illegal aliens or at international mall in the food court with their gold bars on their uniform..impressive…NOT!!!! The stupid cop that was driving the car was probably a wannabe hispanic macho cop that dropped his cuban coffee on his crotch and thought it was his b-friend grabbing something..good people here..NOT!!

65. Charlie says:

“Looking for his pen”, thats just texting old school

66. The Prose/Cop Writer says:

What was the cop doing with a pen? I’ll tell you what… he dropped a Krispy d. nut on the floor and he was trying to spear it with his pen. Probably not writing anything as most cops can not even put a coherent sentence together.

67. Randy Hoops says:

Those wires supporting the pole are “Guy Wires” Not “Guide Wires”

68. Polz says:

Too bad another cop was not standing in front of the pole😦

69. k says:

Inattentive driving is a misdemeanor in my state. Maybe the law does not apply to the enforcers.

70. John Sheridan says:

Give him a break, that is NOT easy to do. Especially without smashing it to pieces. Sounds like there are a LOT of criminals and scofflaws on this site who hate law enforcement officers…….just sayin’…….

71. Vern Smoot says:

They got some haggard looking news anchors and reporters in Miami.

72. Wayne says:

COULD be disciplined? Fire his butt after he pays for damages to gov’t property! Ha ha…what if he had run over a little kid? Reached for pen? Bull! Texting…not “barely” ouf ot his lane…clean out of the roadway. I wouldn’t get away with it…neither should he.

73. Bubba Joe Johnson says:

I don’t suppose the clown will get a ticket for reckless driving, like anyone eles would.

74. chuck s says:

Can anybody say “Smokey and the Bandit”?

75. Tim Brown says:

he should be ticketed! you and i surely would be.

76. Jon says:

To SERVE and PROTEXT!

1. James says:

Well played, sir, well played.

77. Sage of the J.E.T. Path says:

Like a good neighbor State Farm is There! I hope he didn’t switch to a 15 minute insurance

78. poorhardworker says:

Well, the government just passed a law against texting because it is so dangerous. Now they can occupy their time writing a bills that makes it illegal to get an errant pen! Boy, they sure are earning their paychecks aren’t they?

1. John says:

Per policy and procedure was the driver of this police vehicle given a roadside sobriety test and was he given a drug and alcohol test per state law via blood and or urine? Was the driver texting on his police laptop? Did he have to take a polygraph as other offenders are required? Has the DMV been notified? How many more tickets are they writing to cover the cost of this incident? Is the police department following all the laws and polices procedures as set forth in the public record? How is the drivers driving record? Who was the first officer on the scene, and what was his name and what actions were taken by this officer? Has the district attorney been notified? Were there any children in the area? what are the damages to the utilities and how much?Are all persons involved in this incident on sworn affidavits? How much perjury is involved here and with whom? are these people being prosecuted? Can we revoke pensions and save a very significant amount of money for the taxpayers for not following policy and procedure? When are all the extensive details of this investigation going to be made public? Why not?

79. Barry bin Inhalin says:

I wonder if the NTSB will want to now ban reaching for a pen on the cruiser floor now?

80. joeschnell58 says:

I dropped a cigarette a little over a month ago and ran into a light pole; paramedics were there before I knew what had happened; the cop I was talking to in the ER while still on the backboard I thought was the doctor; by law he had to ticket me and gave me an illegal use of lane; judge gave me a 148 dollar fine and I’m still in therapy. I have insurance and they’re taking care of it. I haven’t had a moving violation in over 20 years; takes one minute of carelessness and we’re all vulnerable to that one minute especially after a 5 hour drive back to Joliet; these guys drive 8 hours all day or night long. If you work at HH Gregg you might get a better deal on your new fridge than anyone who doesn’t work there; if Best Buy you might get a better deal or cost on your computer. I thank the cop who gave me the least harshest ticket he could, I thank the paramedics that raced over and pulled me out of that smoke filled car, and I thank the doctors who were and are taking care of me. Don’t know how I would have gotten to the hospital without the police, fire rescue that came out immediately. But for the one guy that stopped to call 911 I didn’t see any other folks sticking their head in the window asking if they could help. Glad to know there’s so many perfect folks out there.

81. BambiB says:

Disciplinary action? Will he be arrested and prosecuted the way any “regular citizen” would be?

Bet on that NOT happening.

82. Chuck says: