Driver Trapped, Killed In Weston Van Crash

WESTON (CBSMiami) – An accident on I-75 in Weston turned deadly when a vehicle hit a bridge support and burst into flames, leaving

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the accident took place just north of Royal Palm Boulevard in the southbound direction of I-75 around shortly before 10 a .m.

A van drove off the road and slammed head on into the Indian Trace/SW 14th Street overpass bridge support. The vehicle caught on fire and the driver, Roberto Ortuso, was trapped and died, according to FHP.

Ortuso was 48-years-old and was from Plantation.

Comments

1. Jimbo99 says:

After sitting on the Palmetto today in traffic, stopped for no GD reason, I can’t find any sympathy here. That was a real wreck, the fender bender near NW 74th in Doral that eventually might’ve been even remotely construed as to a valid reason for what tied up traffic today was a joke. Thanks for wasting my time and fuel from NW 57th to 103rd.

2. PB says:

STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR HANDHELD DEVICES WHILE DRIVING!

1. CP says:

Stop commenting when you don’t have all the facts. It never mentions handheld devices. That man was our uncle in law and you don’t know what the hell your talking about! He deserved better!

1. Venus says:

Roberto was an amazing man. He did so many things for others. My prayers are with Joanne and all the family!!! I am so very sorry. 😥

3. mathieu says:

from all the Ortuso’s familly up here in quebec,
    We love you Roberto
    Rest in peace😥

4. Franck says:

I knew the man that died that day!
    You are an idiot for complaining about something like traffic. Roberto was a genuine good man, and now he is gone. Just be happy you’re alive.

5. Blake says:

Roberto lived with my family when I was younger and remained a close family friend. He coached my youth hockey team, helped me with multiple school projects, and was a close friend to the family as my stepfather struggled with cancer. I still quote some of the things he used to say. He was in the purest sense a good man. He will be missed immensely by my family.

6. rausky79 says:

My heartfelt condolences to your family. May Roberto rest in peace. Its a shame he was killed at such a young age.