Fla. Teen Accused Of Killing Sister In Fight Over Phone

PENSACOLA (CBS4)- A 17-year-old girl shot and killed her 14-year-old foster sister in a fight over a cell phone, investigators said.

The girl appeared in a Pensacola courtroom on Thursday where prosecutors said she would be charged as an adult with second-degree manslaughter with a firearm.

A judge denied family members’ requests for bail in the case and ordered the girl sent to juvenile custody pending an Aug. 18 hearing. According to an arrest report, the girl shot her sister with a 9mm handgun as the two were arguing over a cell phone.

(© 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Carol says:

The children TODAY are so scarey I really don’t have the words.

I am so glad I grew up when I did NO cell phones No computers we had one phone in the house and land based and the parents made sure everyone had equal access to the phone nothing more nothing less and there was no fighting going on because we had rules and we went by them no questions asked.

2. Bubbawubba Gump says:

I grew up in the 60′ s we didn’t have a cell phone or a computer but my brothers and sisters fought like cats and dogs no matter what the punishment. What we didn’y have was guns for protection in our house. We had guns but they were for hunting and we all had used them and knew they would kill. We didn’t have a cartoon view of the world, where you shoot something and it apears the next week in the show. If you have a gun, show everyone how to use it safely and show them the damage it would do.

1. yokolee says:

Obviously she knew how to use the gun, ya think?

1. I'mJustSaying says:

Key word in Bubbawubba Gump’s statement is “safely”. And I totally agree that showing kids the real damage a gun does is key. We always had guns in the house when I grew up…handguns and hunting guns, but we ALL knew how to use them safely and what damage they do. I have 3 boys now and the two oldest, 11 and 16, have been to the gun range with us. Our 5 year old is too small according to the range (I was shooting by the time I was 5), but it’s kept under lock and key where he can’t get his hands on it. Education is key.

3. jack says:

these kids today are ignorant cause they are raised(or not at all) by ignorant parents who instill little or no discipline

4. yokolee says:

Incredible, horrible , tragical
    Oh well now you will pay!

5. Marie Evans says:

sad sad sad. In so many ways its so sad. Youth doesn’t seem to realize dead is forever. My sympathies are with the parents, they’ve lost 2 daughters with 1 shot.

6. observerfromupnorth says:

Ok where are the laws that apply to being a Foster Parent, where the hell did the gun come from. All children should be removed from this home never to be returned. It is just a wasted breath to even say anything because nothing will be done and there will be another child die because of the lack of accountability within this system. All I have to say is protect your own.

7. Rich Shinnick says:

Good GOD!

8. FugginMorons says:

Ban all the guns!!!

9. Howard Camner says:

This society is in ruins. Absolute ruins.

10. Sal says:

Florida is run by republicans and republicans here are OWNED by the NRA.

Daily shootings in this GUNshine state.