Maroone Looking To Hire 500 New Employees Today

MIAMI (CBS4)–In search of a job? “Who you gonna call? Maroone!”

This Wedensday, Maroone is hosting a one-day job fair and promising to hire 500 new employees.

The car-sales giant is looking for sales associates and certified service technicians. If you think you have what it takes, show up between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. at either Maroone Honda in Miami, Maroone Chevrolet in Pembroke Pines or Maroone Ford Delray.

Maroone’s Benny Dominguez explained the company’s need for so many hires.

“We’re preparing ourselves for the business that we see is up-ticking, and we know that there’s an opportunity in which so many people are out of work, we think that there’s qualified candidates out there that we can bring onboard with us.”

Hundreds showed up with résumés in hand, hopeful that they would be able to catch a break during these hard economic times.

When asked what kind of job he hoped to get, Jimmi Clerdona, a student, replied “Anything, anything really. Anything consistent that will get me, you know, just good pay so I could get my way through school right now.”

The jobs include guaranteed training pay; health, dental and disability coverage, and matching contributions to a 401K retirement account.

As a part of Fort Lauderdale-based AutoNation, Maroone is one of Florida’s largest employers with over 20,000 employees nationwide. Even more promising is their plan to open 10 new dealerships around the country this year.

Comments

1. Me says:

Do you speak fluent Spanish? Sorry, no… Sorry, no job for you!

1. English Only says:

Ain’t that the truth, especially in third world Dade!

2. Joe Smith says:

“Spanish preferred” Most of the time I am wondering if I am in USA or Colombia, Guatemela, Cuba, or Bolivia. If I go to France, I have to speak french to live, if I go to Italy, I have to italian to find a job, it’s the same to live in China and Russia. Why it’s different here? This is America!

2. Marc says:

Too bad. Sucks to be you.

1. Jessalyn says:

Fell out of bed feeling down. This has brignheted my day!

3. Dan says:

That’s too bad. They didn’t even ask me what languages I spoke. When your at the top of your profession you get hired. Stop complaining about languages cause that’s definitely not the reason your unemployed. P.S. I’m fluent in both. Plus no matter where you live, whatever country,if your bilingual you have a better shot a job. Especially if your in customer service