A complete listing of all closings and openings for Miami-Dade County.
We accept information from businesses, organizations and government sources.
The information will be posted on this page and will also be made available during CBS4 live coverage.
CBSMiami.com and CBS4 uses reasonable care to make sure postings are accurate but does not verify details of these submissions and is not responsible for postings here.
- The 311 Answer Center is open 24 hours a day. Residents can call 3-1-1 in Miami-Dade or (305) 468-5900 outside of Miami-Dade County, TDD: (305) 468-5402. Specialists take calls in English, Spanish and Creole. Residents can access disaster-related information 24 hours a day on the County’s emergency Web site located at http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency.
- The Mini-Dump Facility, 1290 NW 20th Street, reopens Tuesday for City of Miami residents only (bring id)
- Miami-Dade County residential and commercial garbage service resumes Tuesday, Sept. 12.
- Residents who no longer have a garbage cart should order a replacement garbage cart by calling 311.
- Residents whose garbage collection day was Monday, Sept. 11 will be serviced on Wednesday, Sept. 13. This will serve as the makeup day for Monday’s suspended service.
- Curbside recycling service will be suspended until Monday, Sept. 18.
- The 13 Neighborhood Trash and Recycling Centers will be open for operation on Tuesday, Sept. 12 and will observe extended operating hours from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. until further notice. Service area residents can drop off household trash, yard waste and small amounts of hurricane debris.
- Residents can begin to place their hurricane debris at the curbside. Debris collection by the County’s Hurricane Irma recovery contractors will begin at a later date.
- Bulky waste scheduling remains suspended until further notice
- State Offices in all 67 Florida counties closed .
- Miami-Dade County offices are closed until Monday September 18
- Courts & Clerk’s Offices closed Tuesday and Wednesday
- Social Security offices in Miami Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe County will be closed starting Wednesday.
- Miami-Dade County residential and commercial garbage service resumes Tuesday, Sept. 12.
- Miami Dade Public Defender’s Office closed .
- Miami-Dade Animal Services is closed.
- The Homestead Community Spay/Neuter Clinic is closed.
- Previously scheduled spay/neuter surgeries will be rescheduled.
- All City of Miami offices closed
- City of North Miami administrative offices will be closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Water in Miami-Dade County is still safe to drink. There is no boil-water order at this time. If you experience very low pressure, it is recommended to proactively boil your water prior to drinking, cooking, brushing your teeth, washing dishes or making ice when service is restored.
- Miami Beach City Hall will reopen Wednesday September 13, but will have limited staff.
- Miami Beach resident garbage pick up began Tuesday
- Miami Beach Trolleys are operating
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools closed until further notice.
- Florida International University opens for faculty and staff Thursday, Sept. 14.
- Florida International University classes expected to resume Monday.
- Albizu University is open
- Christopher Columbus High School is expected to reopen Monday, Sept. 18
- Archdiocesan Schools remain closed until further notice
- Ransom Everglades School will reopen on Monday, September 18
- Keiser University’s Miami campus remains closed
- Night adult education classes, activities, and athletic programs cancelled Wednesday.
- Gulliver Schools will reopen Monday, Sept. 18
- St. Thomas University will reopen Monday, Sept. 18.
- University of Miami: Gables and Marine Campus classes and activities will resume Monday, Sept. 18th
- Miami Dade College will remain closed until further notice
- Florida Atlantic University will remain closed through Tuesday, Sept. 12th
- Nova Southeastern University closed until further notice.
- Johnson & Wales University’s North Miami Campus will reopen Monday, Sept. 18th
- Southeastern College Miami Lakes and West Palm campuses closed through Tuesday.
- Keiser University closed through Tuesday, Sept. 12th.
- Barry University remains closed, and classes remain canceled at ALL locations. The earliest classes will resume will be Monday, Sept. 18 at the Miami Shores campus, Orlando law school and all other Barry locations.
- West Coast University Miami campus remains closed until further notice.
- AcadeMir Preschool located at 11980 SW 8 Street Miami will open Wednesday.
- Academir Preschool located at 2636 SW 144th Ave Miami has not announced when it will reopen.
- Passenger and cargo flights at Miami International Airport resume on a limited basis Tuesday.
- Miami-Opa locka Executive Airport is open.
- Miami Executive Airport is open.
- Miami-Homestead General Aviation Airport and the Dade-Collier Training and Transition Airport are currently only open from sunrise to sunset
- Port Miami is open with restrictions. No nighttime operations permitted.
- Tolls have been suspended across the state until further notice.
- Metrorail garages are now opened. County residents who parked their cars there can now pick them up if they can get to the garages safely.
- Metrorail resumes regular schedule Wednesday
- Metromover closed until further notice
- Metrobus service on these routes only: 3, 8, 11, 40, 71, 72, 77, 88, 104, S, 207, 208
- Special Transportation Service (STS) resumes regular service Wednesday.
TWO SHELTERS REMAIN OPEN AS OF TUESDAY 8/12:
- Darwin Fuchs (Sunshine) Pavilion — 10901 Coral Way — (Pet Friendly)
- Highland Oaks Middle — 2375 NE 203rd Street — (Pet Friendly)
- Emergency Evacuation Bus Pick-Up sites
- Click here for the latest evacuation information for Miami-Dade County.
EVACUATIONS (NONE AT THIS TIME)
- All Miami-Dade parks remain closed until further notice. This includes all golf courses, the Deering Estate, Fruit & Spice Park, Zoo Miami and all neighborhood, community and regional facilities.
- Biscayne National Park closed.
- Due to the potential effects on water quality, the Florida Department of Health has issued a precautionary beach advisory for all public beaches in Miami Dade County. At this time, swimming is not recommended.
- Marinas remain closed. Once roads are safe to travel, boat owners will be allowed to assess their vessels. The waterways are not safe for boating, please do not try to launch or move vessels.
- All park activities, including after school programs, shelter rentals, community-based organization-related sports programs such as soccer, cheerleading and football programs cancelled.
- Zoo Miami closed.
- Everglades National Park closed.
- Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science closed.
- Miami Seaquarium closed.
- All City of Miami parks closed
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden closed
- Jungle Island closed until further notice.
- Museum of Contemporary Art closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens closed.
- Miami Children’s Museum will open Wednesday, Sept. 13.
- Miami-Dade County libraries are closed until further notice.
- HistoryMiami Museum is closed.
- All Tenet hospital are open: Hialeah Hospital, Coral Gables Hospital, North Shore Medical Center, Palmetto General Hospital, Florida Medical Center
- The University of Miami Health System and medical school resume normal operations Wednesday, September 13, except for medical school classes. All employees should report to work for their normal schedule.
- Most University of Miami Health System clinical activities, which include Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, resume full operations Wednesday, Sept. 13. Patients are being contacted.
- All Jackson Health System hospitals and emergency rooms are open.
- UHealth Jackson Urgent Care Center – Cutler Bay (resumes regular business hours Wednesday)
- All Jackson Health System hospitals and hospital emergency departments open
- Ambulatory Care Centers (ACC) East and West Clinics at Jackson Memorial Medical Center open
Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic at Jackson Memorial Medical Center open
- ACC West Pharmacy at Jackson Memorial Medical Center open
- Dr. Rafael A. Peñalver Clinic open
- Miami Transplant Institute clinics open
- All Jackson administrative departments open
- Rosie Lee Wesley Health Center opens Wednesday
- Doris Ison Health Center, 10300 SW 216 St. will remain open for the following services only: Urgent Care, Crisis Stabilization Unit and Pharmacy.
- The Nicklaus Children’s Hospital urgent care centers remain closed until further notice.
- CLOSED DUE TO POWER OUTAGES: UHealth Jackson Urgent Care Center – Keystone Point,
UHealth Jackson Urgent Care Center – Country Walk, North Dade Health Center, Jefferson Reaves, Sr. Health Center, Prevention, Education, and Treatment (PET) Center
- Aventura Mall opens Tuesday.
- Dadeland Mall reopens Tuesday. (10am-5pm)
- International Mall reopens Tuesday.(10am-5pm)
- The Falls Shopping Center reopens at noon. (Closes at 5pm due to curfew)
- Dolphin Mall reopens Wednesday