A complete listing of all closings and openings for Miami-Dade County.
We accept information from businesses, organizations and government sources.
The information will be posted on this page and will also be made available during CBS4 live coverage.
CBSMiami.com and CBS4 uses reasonable care to make sure postings are accurate but does not verify details of these submissions and is not responsible for postings here.
- The 311 Answer Center is open 24 hours a day. Residents can call 3-1-1 in Miami-Dade or (305) 468-5900 outside of Miami-Dade County, TDD: (305) 468-5402. Specialists are taking calls in English, Spanish and Creole. Residents can access disaster-related information 24 hours a day on the County’s emergency Web site located at http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency.
- Miami-Dade County Police and Fire departments begin normal operations Friday morning.
- Miami Beach Ocean Rescue, Police and Fire return to normal operations Friday morning. Beach access will also reopen.
- Miami-Dade County shelters will shut down Friday morning and will provide transit for guests.
- PortMiami opened at noon.
- Bulk waste pickup in Miami-Dade County resumes Friday morning, however, normal trash pickup will resume Monday.
- Trash and recycling centers will reopen Friday at 8:00 a.m.
- The City of Miami Solid Waste Department will resume regular residential garbage and recycling collection starting at 6 a.m. on Friday, October 7th, for residents whose garbage and recycling is regularly scheduled for collection on Fridays.
- USPS will deliver mail in Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach counties Friday, October 7
- Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office will remain closed through Friday.
- Doral Government Center is closed to the public Thursday and Friday, as well as the city Trolley service.
- All Miami-Dade Courts and Clerk of Courts’ offices remain closed Friday.
- All Social Security offices in Miami-Dade closed through Friday.
- The Solid Waste Department will resume normal operations on Monday, October 10th.
- Gov. Rick Scott directed state offices to be closed on Thursday and Friday in the following counties: Baker, Brevard, Broward, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Indian River, Lake, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Polk, Putnam, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie and Volusia.
- All tolls on MDX expressways will continue to be suspended until further notice.
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools will reopen Monday.
- All Florida National University Campuses open Friday.
- Keiser University’s Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Graduate School, eCampus, Pembroke Pines, and West Palm Beach campuses will reopen on Monday 10/10.
- Southeastern College’s Miami Lakes campus will resume classes Monday 10/10.
- All Nova Southeastern campuses in Florida and Puerto Rico will resume classes Monday 10/10.
- Florida International University will resume limited operations Friday and full operations Saturday.
- Ransom Everglades will reopen Monday. Parents should check the school website Friday for updates regarding weekend activities.
- Scheck Hillel Community School will resume classes Monday.
- Miami Country Day School will resume classes Monday.
- All St. Thomas University operations, classes, programs and events will resume Monday.
- Temple Beth Am and Temple Beth Am Day School of Pinecrest will resume Monday.
- St. Thomas University operations, classes, programs and events will resume Monday
- City College’s Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood and Miami campuses will reopen Monday.
- Albizu University’s Miami Campus at Doral will reopen Saturday.
- Miami International University of Art & Design will reopen Monday.
- Miami-Dade Transit will resume service Friday morning 10/7 at 7 a.m.
- The City of Miami Beach trolley service will also resume regular operation from 8 a.m.
- MetroRail will reopen Friday at 6:00 a.m.
- MetroBus will reopen Friday at 7:00 a.m.
- Miami-Dade marinas will reopen Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- Bridges will reopen Friday at 6 a.m.
- Parking will resume regular operations at 6 p.m. Friday. All residents storing their vehicles must remove them before 6 p.m.
- Michael M. Krop Senior
1410 NE 215 Street
North Miami-Dade, 33179
- Booker T. Washington Senior
1200 NW 6 Ave.
City of Miami, 33136
- Robert Morgan Senior
18180 SW 122 Avenue
The shelters listed above do not allow pets. Pet owners may take their pets to the following pet-friendly shelter:
- Darwin Fuchs Pavilion
10901 SW 24th St.
Miami, FL 33165
- Libraries will reopen Saturday 10/6.
- Miami-Dade County parks will reopen Saturday 10/6.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens will be closed to the public through Thursday, October 6. The decision to open or close on Friday, October 7 will depend upon the severity of the storm and its effect on the estate and Miami region.
- Miami Seaquarium reopens at noon Friday.
- All Miami-Dade Publix Supermarkets reopen Friday.
- Dolphin Mall reopens Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- Aventura Mall reopens Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- Westland Mall reopens Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- Southland Mall reopens Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- Baptist Hospital, Baptist Children’s Hospital, Doctors Hospital, Homestead Hospital, Mariners Hospital, South Miami Hospital and West Kendall Baptist Hospital are open. All emergency rooms are open and available for emergency purposes only.
- Animal services will reopen Saturday 10/6.
- The Miami Children’s Museum on Watson Island will reopen Friday 10/7 at 10 a.m.
- Jungle Island will be closed Thursday 10/6 and Friday 10/7.
- Zoo Miami is closed through Friday, October 7th. The plan is to open with normal operations on Saturday, October 8th.
- All Miami VA outpatient clinics in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties and the Key Largo VA Clinic will be closed Thursday and Friday. The Bruce W. Carter VA Medical Center will remain open for emergency services only.
- The Florida Dept. of Health in Miami-Dade County administrative offices and clinics will reopen Monday.
- Jewish Community Services will reopen all offices on Monday morning, October 10th.
- Brickell Postal Store at 500 NW 2 Avenue in Miami closed until Oct. 11th.
- Metro Postal Store at 150 SE 2 Avenue # 103 in Miami will closed until Oct. 11th.
- All non-essential clinical operations, research, and events are canceled on the University of Miami Health System campus and satellite facilities on Thursday and Friday. This closure applies to all clinical facilities in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Collier counties. Operations for staff, students and patients will resume as normal on Monday, Oct. 10.
- Hialeah Park Casino will reopen Friday at 10:00 a.m.