Miami-Dade Shelter And Evacuation Information
(CBS4) – Hurricane season officially began on June 1 and Miami-Dade County is urging residents to familiarize themselves with the shelters and bus routes available in case of an emgergency.Please note that not all of the centers and bus routes listed below may be in service during an evacuation.
For the latest information on which centers and bus routes are up and running residents should monitor CBS4 or call the Miami- Dade answer center at 305-468-5900 or 3-1-1.
PET FRIENDLY SHELTER
Miami-Dade County has a shelter where hurricane evacuees can be safe during a storm — and be with their pets! County officials say they’ve designated a county pet-friendly hurricane shelter. People and pets — dogs, cats, birds, and other small animals — living in an evacuation zone can ride out the storm there, so long as they’ve pre-registered. You should pre-register by calling (786) 331-5354 for the necessary forms. All animals must have current vaccination, and medical records.
Below is a list of hurricane evacuation centers in Miami-Dade county.
NORTHEASTERN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY
- Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior 1410 NE 215th Street, North Miami-Dade 33179
- North Miami Beach Senior 13110 NE 8th Avenue, North Miami 33161
- North Miami Senior 13110 NE 8th Avenue, North Miami 33161
- Highland Oaks Middle 2375 NE 203rd Street, North Miami Beach 33180
- Miami Central Senior 1781 NW 95th Street, Miami 33147
NORTHWESTERN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY
- Barbara Goleman Senior 14100 NW 89th Avenue, Miami Lakes 33018
- Lawton Chiles Middle 8190 NW 197th Street, Northwest Miami-Dade 33015
- Hialeah Gardens Senior 11700 Hialeah Gardens Blvd., Hialeah Gardens 33018
- Country Club Middle 18305 NW 75th Place Northwest, Miami-Dade 33015
- Miami Carol City Senior 3301 Miami Gardens Drive, Miami Gardens 33056
CENTRAL MIAMI-DADE COUNTY
- Charles Drew Middle School 1801 NW 60th Street, Miami 33142
- Booker T. Washington Senior 1200 NW 6th Avenue, Miami 33136
- Miami Coral Park Senior 8865 SW 16th Street Westchester 33165
- W.R. Thomas Middle 13001 SW 26th Street West Miami-Dade 33175
- Ronald Reagan Senior 8600 NW 107th Avenue, Doral 33178
SOUTHWESTERN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY
- Robert Morgan Senior 18180 SW 122nd Avenue, Miami 33177
- Felix Varela Senior 15255 SW 96th Street, Miami 33196
- South Miami Senior 6856 SW 53rd Street Miami 33155
- Jorge Mas Canosa Middle 15735 SW 144th Street, Miami 33173
- Terra Environment Senior 11005 SW 84th Street, Miami 33173
In the event of an evacuation Miami-Dade Transit will serve as emergency vehicles to help residents get to and from hurricane evacuation centers. Bus pick-up locations will be labeled by signs that read “Emergency Evacuation Bus Pick-up Site.” All buses functioning as evacuation vehicles will have displays that read “Emergency Evacuation.” The buses will only travel between the emergency evacuation bus pick-up site and the hurricane evacuation center. Pick up zones will be determined individually for each storm.
Click here for a list of pick-up sites in Miami-Dade.
Click here for a list of Miami- Dade County Mobile Home Park Hurricane Evacuation Bus Pick-up points.