LIVE | Family, Friends Bid Final Farewell For Marlins Ace Jose Fernandez | Due to today’s live funeral coverage “The Bold and the Beautiful” will air on our sister station, WBFS, myTV33 (Cable 3 or HD436) at 1:30 p.m.

Poet Gunned Down In N. Miami

NORTH MIAMI (CBSMiami.com) – North Miami Police are trying to determine what led to the shooting death of local poet Willie Lee Bell, Jr., 46,  in front of his Literary Café and Poetry Lounge.

The shooting happened just after 12:30 a.m. on the 900 block of NE 125th Street. According to police, someone drove up and the passenger got out of the car and shot Bell multiple times.

North Miami Police said that multiple suspects were possibly seen leaving the scene in a dark colored vehicle with a spoiler on the rear, or a light colored car.

“At this time, we don’t have a motive but we can tell you that nothing was taken. He had jewelry on him, money on him, his car keys, so we’re looking for why this happened,” said North Miami public information officer Neil Cuevas.

According to the South Florida Sun Sentinel, Bell had appeared on HBO’s Def Poetry Jam recently. Bell was known as “Da Real One,” and had also been featured on Rick Ross’ and Pit Bull’s albums.

Bell had been on the wrong side of the law in the past. He had been arrested for exploiting a disabled or elderly person and for writing a worthless check.

Police said that several customers at the lounge were in the area at the time of the shooting.

“If you all know anything, seen anything, please come forward,” said his half-sister Sandra Vicks who was barely able to speak. “Please. Please. He didn’t deserve this. He didn’t.”

They ask that if you have any information about the shooting death to call North Miami Police at 305-891-8111 or Miami-Dade Crimestoppers at 305-371-TIPS.

Comments

1. Tracy Cadet says:

Oh No!! He was a great spoken word artist. I attended some poetry readings there not too long ago. He will be missed!

1. Nice says:

The gunman didn’t miss him though!

1. Feste says:

ROTFLOL

2. Feste says:

I placed my ROTFLOL comment as an indented reply to a statement that has, apparently, been removed. By removing the parent statement, it left my comment orphaned, and made it sound like I thought this man’s murder was funny. I don’t find it funny in the least (but I did think the statement somebody else made, that is now removed, was funny).

3. Biffdavenport says:

That was funny though.

2. james4usa says:

You must then mis OJ Simpson as well.

3. PEMBPLAQUE says:

everyone is talking about the ARAB SPRING why is no one talking about the AFRICAN-AMERICAN SUMMER?

2. Terrance says:

Sorry to hear that, left way too soon R.I.P.

3. Benjamin Bloom says:

Wonderful poet. Kind-hearted man. He will be missed.

1. Terrell Perry says:

He had been arrested for exploiting a disabled or elderly person – in what way does this qualify him as being kind hearted.

1. Ernie says:

They didn’t mention that Bell served a 14-month prison term for armed cocaine trafficking in the same neighborhood.

2. IMStrong says:

People turn their lives around. They change. Unless they are perfect like you.

2. NYGlenn says:

Tell that to the disabled person this coward took advantage of.

4. Phil Landers says:

The pen is not mightier than the gun.

5. Grove says:

Unfortunately and Educated and Peaceful Black Man is hated by the drugged drop outs.

1. Cesar M Gonzalez says:

Yes indeed………..Blacks hate to see other blacks succeed…..IT IS CRAZY !
      But with time, this hatred cycle will be DEFEATED, and blacks will prosper…..
      HOW VERY SAD for this family though……God bless them…….

1. MrL says:

I agree..as a technology teacher, it drives me crazy to hear my black students scornfully dismiss what I am teaching as “white” Since when the hell does a computer know what color you are? And since when did learning become the sole property of white people? Dammit to hell, the KLAN couldn’t have destroyed black Americans more than this. Excuse me for just a second

DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had to do that. Its so damned FRUSTRATING to watch this

2. Bagheera B. says:

God bless you, Mr. Gonzalez, for your wonderful and optimistic reply. I thank God for people like you!

3. james4usa says:

“Blacks will prosper”. You must be living on Mars. Black run Africa is a total disaster., Zim latest victim. GDP $200 pp pa ,most of it aid money.. They kill Albino’s to make Muti, sell to rich people for good luck, they buy their wifes {Lobola} They believe in Tokoloshi Little man runs around at night kills people. Remedy, elevate your bed on bricks. Kill 16 yo girls ,use their hands for Muti Sell to Politicians bring them luck in rigged electins. Etc etc

4. Fluidizer says:

Uh? What did you say?

5. Biffdavenport says:

Yes indeed, one may even become a Marxist president who will trample property rights and individual freedom. He will fundamentally transform our society with crippling regulations and take over of industry. He will destroy our economic system with massive inflation and oppressive energy policies.

Oh wait…

2. yokolee says:

exploiting a disable person and passing a worthless ck……is just as bad

1. Jenny Bea says:

Apparently everyone praising him as a wonderful citizen because he;s a poet missed this part. Glad I’m not the only one who caught it. Exploiting an elderly? In which way? Writing worthless checks- don’t you mean, check fraud? People are currently serving prison sentences for that. Oh well, I guess we must be racists for pointing that out.

3. daveinboca says:

Oh, yeah. An educated and peaceful convicted armed cocaine dealer…!

6. Valerie Marchetti says:

this is very saddening he was a great kindheart person, and dont think this article writter needed to add his past busines , this man was doing the right thing and start a busines with what he knew Best SPOKEN WORD , RIP my friend , xoxox

1. philip inuhoff says:

Tragic… Tragic spelling.

1. Mojojojo says:

Grammar and spelling on these comments are awful. Hope these are not poets also.

2. SlipperyPete says:

Grammar and spelling IS indeed awful!

3. TheLoveMovement says:

No SlipperyPete, Mojojojo is right. Nice try though. “And” creates compound subjects which take the plural. e.g. Carrots and Celery are vegetables.

4. mhs2xs says:

What school(s) did you allegedly go to? Saying “Grammer and spelling on these comments are awful” is not the same as saying “Carrots and Celery are vegetables”. Just like saying “Carrots is vegetables” is not correct. Not to mention aweful has an E in it. If you said “Grammer and spelling are aweful here” or something to that effect, then you’d be correct.

5. chimploaf says:

mshsxs, Awful does NOT have an ‘e’ in it, and, it’s spelled grammar, not grammer. Did you not notice the little squiggly line under that when you typed it?

6. IMStrong says:

A man dies and the focus is on spelling and grammar. Well, how does one spell sanctimony?

7. Biffdavenport says:

Probably with “got what he deserved”.

7. yokolee says:

Tragic…

Condolences to the family

R.I.P

1. Biffdavenport says:

Yes, how will they supplement the income he derived by ripping off the old people?

1. Concretetundra says:

Biff. You’re commenting on this story a LOT. I wonder why? And you even equated this story with a “marxist president” who is trampling our property rights and individual freedom. You seem to be reasonably free (you’re able to post on the Internet). When you get a chance could you please be specific and list the property rights and individual freedoms that this “marxist president” has taken away from you. And please, be specific. How has your life changed since January of 2009. Thanks. I’m really curious about what you mean when you say that you’re losing your freedom. I look forward to hearing from you.

8. Sellous says:

Well I don’t know who killed this man, Black, White Hispanic, whoever did it will have to face the judgment sooner or later. No sin goes unpunished.

All you out there taking people’s life as if you are the life giver, will be so sorry for the path you have chosen.

May God have mery on your sorry soul!

1. Politically Incorrect says:

Bull.

It was “Urban Weekend,” we ALL know what element was present.

2. Biffdavenport says:

Maybe he was paying for what he did…

9. Downtown says:

They took him out because his education threatened their existence.

If there is one person who will get shot before you can say “sell me a rock” it is an educated black male.

Use the word “literary” in the hood? Child, please!

1. sick of sofla says:

Also, use the word “poetry” instead of rap???
      Dey gonna take da brudder down!
      Sad loss, great example to be followed. Hopefully his loved one’s through his spirit will see to it that he has an impact on those that need it the most.
      Like da brudder dat shoot him!!

1. yokolee says:

Yes a rapper is a poet now, go figure

and with a police record…..

R.I.P

2. Ernie says:

He was a convicted drug dealer. Don’t you think that might be a better motive?

1. daveinboca says:

Ernie, you may have hit the nail on the head…!

3. Biffdavenport says:

Who would be scared of a third grade education???

10. INFIDEL says:

At least the crack Miami – Dade homicide unit has a solid lead…. the assailant left the scene in a dark or light colored car. Nice job guys. Now the folks driving polka-dot cars won’t get hassled.

1. Logan VT says:

of course the polka dot cars will get harassed…to leave them out would be a violation of political correctness and we cannot have that, even if it means the bad guys get away.

11. Aubrey says:

one da bros pop’d em.

12. Paul in FL says:

A literary cafe is open after midnight?

13. Ahmet Katzharume says:

The Age of Obama

14. Steve-O says:

At least they didn’t rape his corpse.

1. rjm2238 says:

You know Steve-O, we don’t even know that! Nothing with this bunch would surprise me, nothing at all.
      Rich in New Mexico.

15. wch says:

Al I can say is to remember the comedy routine of Chris Rock when talking about Biggie Smalls and Tupac Shakur vis-a-vie Martin Luther King , Malcom X and John F. Kennedy (go do a google search on: Chris Rock Martin Luther King joke)

16. Buford says:

black people have to control themselves, when you go on Vacation, you go to get away. Stop bringing the crime with you and acting like you are still in the hood

17. Dennis C. Denbow says:

A man dies senselessly, and some knuckleheads have to resort to racial slurs, insults and blame. Everyone has made mistakes, many have made wrong judgements in their lives. A man changes his life for the better, and some cannot help but tear up any good he may have brought to the table. God forbid you face the same measurement upon your demise. Rest In Peace, my friend.

1. Lane Justice says:

I’m sorry. No more slack. No more so-called “Affirmative Action.” No more “giving peace a chance.” No more “ccc-can’t we jjjjust all get along?”

96% of this ethnic group rammed Obama down our throats.

They are bringing it upon and to the nation.

Obama stands for affirmative action punishment: when a black man commits a crime, they go easy on him. See how Obama waited a millisecond to declare that the Cambridge Police Department “acted stupidly.” However, when a Palestinian from the Religion of Peace opened up on soldiers at Ft. Hood, that pinche Obama said “Now let’s not jump to conclusions.” Also, remember that the Obama Regime’s Attorney General (that Black guy with the Cleveland Show mustache) refused to prosecute Black Panthers who hassled a WHITE voter in Philadelphia in 2008.

Like Hell I’m going to forgive these people nor will I afford them any benefit of any doubt!

Sorry Black people, you brought it upon us all, and I will never forgive what you did to this great nation.

NO MORE.

1. GreatScott says:

I’m white, Lane, and this is pretty stupid. What did Obama have to do with this guy getting shot? There is zero connection. You use punctuation correctly, but you come off incredibly dumb.

2. NYGlenn says:

Well stated!!

3. GFR says:

Exactly right “Lane justice”.Most people agree with you but they are too scared to say it.

4. Nick O'Demus says:

Lane, you sound like a true and real patriot to me. So, why not prove how really patriotic you are? In the interest of patriotism why not: Kill yourself!

5. Biffdavenport says:

I don’t know… Where was Obama that night?

2. Paul Revere says:

I dont know too many honest community enriching citizens who get gunned down and do not at the least get the cash they had on them taken.

I do know of many cocaine dealers and other types of people involved with the bowels of society who end up shot that way though.

I call it like I see it until someone proves otherwise.

18. Wonja Blohwme says:

I’m sorry he’s gone. I bet it was one of those white gangs . . . you know, Republicans.

1. David says:

LOL You so nailed it! It was a group of middle-aged white guys in flannel shirts running through the streets, assaulting peaceful black families out for an evening stroll, and using crowbars to pry open black businesses and rob them. It was EXACTLY like one of those ADT home security commercials! LOL

19. Truth says:

He was a poet and didn’t know it…

20. Shubb says:

Da Real One now Da Dead One…

21. Perspective says:

Gotta agree..it is a pity that blacks are destroying themselves from within more effectively than anybody else could have.

I blame dependency “solutions” that encourage young girls and women to have babies to make money, ever growing a fatherless culture turning ever more into a Lord of the Flies mentality….

Stop the payments for babies, and this will ease up over a generation or two.

To anyone who thought Obama’s election would calm this down…well, here you are, worse than ever. I wonder why?

22. John Sheridan says:

Oxymoron: “Rap Artist”

23. Mike Stansbury says:

I can’t imagine what it must be like to have to grow up as a young Black male in today’s world. To be independantly minded from the group mentality is almost a certain death sentance. For those few who do break through, through sports, acedemics, or just sheer hard work, the real haters eventually show their true colors. Ignorance and cowardice are twin brothers.

1. Jenny Bea says:

Every black republican would agree with you. Look at what they say about Clarence Thomas. he doesn’t count to blacks, because he’s conservative, and MUST be an Uncle Tom. See- you better fit into a mold that society has picked for you, because if you don’t, then look out.

2. David says:

I can’t imagine either – I could enjoy affirmative action, get a great government job, never have to worry about being fired, enjoy virtually no discrimination, be lionized by the media, and in general enjoy being one of the most pampered minorities in the history of planet Earth. Yes, it would be tough. Thanks for pointing that out, Mike, you sensitive guy, you.

1. Mike Stansbury says:

Hello Dave, Yeah, I feel ya. I could see why someone could interpret my post as bleeding hearted. For many years, I worked in inner-city children’s ministries, You know, “Red and Yellow, Black and White…” So for a couple of hours on a Sunday, they were just kids. We did all we could to reach them, teach them, and instill whatever values they could absorb. But at some point, they had to go back home. See, I believe that men are molded. I could be tough on them, because they knew I loved them. They just have so few role models to follow. My previous post referred more to the shooter. Another victim of the group mentality.

24. I. B. Laffin says:

Why, oh why……….couldn’t it have been “Common”. Still one less jibbering idiot.

25. jm says:

So respect the source of every shore,
    As Nature efforts to harmonize poise.

Combine teenage mischievousness with centuries of white man’s oppression and you get modern day America. Jim Crow never died, it just got slicker.

“Let he who cast the first stone,” white man, or whatever that line from your bible is.

Our best weapon against tragedy is love.

Watch your mouth, white man. (I’ve sadly been on both sides of that statement.)

I’ll respect you when you respect me.

You are the creator of more problems than you are aware of, as are we all.

Multiculturalism!

1. Jenny Bea says:

FYI- if it weren’t for white people, no one would have fought to free the slaves. Take your racism and SHOVE IT.

1. Get me another grocery cart says:

Well said. Every race on the planet has been enslaved at some point in human history, yet only one race continues to whine and expect a hand out for it.
        That hand out lays in the blood drenched battle grounds of the American Civil War, and it’s time you cry baby racists shut up and deal with it.

26. franklin says:

There is a disturbing trend taking place in this nation. Black youth feels as though they mus act like animals whenever they congregate in numbers in public venues. Look at all the violence at McDonalds, Burger King, every holdiay celebration. You Tube is full of video showing out of control Black Youth acting like animals. I though with the election of Obama we were supposed to go through a helaing and coming together process? Instead we are under going a huge rise in violence by Blacks everywhere in the nation. Maybe they feel emboldened or maybe the 50+ years of welfare, break up of their nuclear family and lack of positive cultural values being replaced by gangsta-hip-hop culture-responsible for this crisis in the Black culture. Whatever it is it is getting worse day by day and is driving the races further apart!!

1. David says:

That “trend” has been in place for roughly 80,000 years.

2. Billy says:

We should ban YouTube then! It’s racist to portray black people in a negative light like that, even if it’s true, because it”s racist and leads to violence. Fighting racism is more important than truth anyday, that’s what my professor taught me. I’m sooo ashamed to be white!

1. A says:

You don’t deserve to be white..freak!

27. Rob G says:

Let me guess, he was a man of peace. Why do blacks hate each other. Black on black crime not spoken by MSM. DEMOCRATS STILL USE THEM AS USEFUL IDEOTS. WISE UP.

1. David says:

That’s right, don’t be an ideot, be smart, like Rob G.

2. ThomasT says:

Ummm . . . NO black crime is reported by the MSM, dude. Do you REALLY want to start reporting black crime?

28. rtj says:

The beat goes on.

29. MoReilly says:

Well, now I know what the next First 48 episode out of Miami will be.

1. Mojojojo says:

Sad but true.

30. Funny says:

Anybody else think he looks like the U GONNA GET RAPED guy? Can somebody photoshop a hoodie on him?

31. Mojojojo says:

It is sad that this type of stuff happens on our streets. It’s got to be hard to be a black person in our society. So sad they can’t prosper as much as everyone else does (at least here in South Florida). I’m sure it’s better elsewhere, I hope.

1. Two grocery carts please says:

You would have to go outside the United States to find anywhere that “holds a black person down”. So,please enlighten us. What is it about South Florida that holds a “black person” down more so then any place else in the world?
      That is about the most absurd thing I’ve seen in the posts for a long time.
      Do tell.

32. Alvin Marcott says:

I suspect an angry legitimate poet… has anyone checked the whereabouts of zombie-Sylvia Plath!!!!

33. Joe Holiday says:

He was called down to the home office ( hell ) where there is a special rap thug area. In this part of hardes, they make up bad poetry about hos and guns and then shoot each other for ” what are you looking at? ” incidents for all eternity.

34. bonepowder says:

A couple of decades ago the term “wilding” was applied when blackss took to the streets and started rioting, looting and basically leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. I think we were supposed to accept it then. It is now Politically Incorrect to point it out as it is now racist to point out it is in fact blacks that are at fault here. Do college kids do this while on spring break? The police have to put up with some kids out of hand but those aren’t even close to the thug conventions that descend on beach towns during the summer. Do blacks who do not behave in this manner have any objection to this? It taints how people will look upon them if they happen to vacation anywhere as people will be waiting for them to do something along those same lines. It’s a cultural thing and you can witness it on any Saturday night at an urban night club in your town.

35. jasperddbgghost says:

“Reverend” Jesse Jackson and
    “Reverend” Al Sharpton standing by…
    Waiting for “Reparations Checks” to no doubt…disperse to their peeps.
    It’s for all the persecuted black children, of course, of course….

Darn white devils….

/sarcasm off.

1. JavaJane says:

Yeah – where are Jesse and Al? Why don’t they speak out and try to talk some sense into the heads of black kids instead of always trying to make victims out of them. Disgusting.

36. Colin Foy says:

If he’d been in Detroit it would been called the Ill-Literary Café and Poetry Lounge. I wonder if this could be a movie plot line for the black version of “The Dead Poets Society ”
    My, how far we’ve come since 1865!

37. Maddd_doggg says:

It was Common, in some tragic poet rivalry.

38. rjm2238 says:

What really steams me is how in the world did Memorial Day, of all days, get co-opted for some Urban Day or whatever garbage it’s called?
    Memorial Day of all days. What a disgrace to pervert what should be our Nations most important day, a day reserved for the Men and Women who willingly risked all and died, so that we may live free and it is totally disrespected by a mob that routinely exhibits sub-human behavior. This same group also allows itself to be subjugated by the Democrat party and willingly forfeits these same freedoms in exchange for a government handout each month.
    These Urban celebrators are disgusting, depraved and should be destroyed before they finish destroying America and all of her institutions.
    Rich in New Mexico.

1. Biffdavenport says:

Government hand outs are the new vogue slavery.

39. more men says:

They don’t call their culture a SUB-culture for nothing. How come this never happens in Utah?

40. Renny says:

Evidently, he was the victim as mass mob rule allowed in Miami on Memorial Day Weekend. So, where were the police?

41. Derek says:

I would like to invite you to my home Terry Knows More. You would find that not everyone fits your experience. This is a big country. Not all “blacks” are dishonorable, disrespectful or liars. There are “black” people in America who are just as sick and tired of what’s going on and we are raising our children so they will not behave like ungrateful fools. And by doing so we are not raising our kids to be “white”, but to be descent Americans.

So if you want to take me up on my invite email me or find another “black” persons home to visit that’s not what you are use to.

1. JavaJane says:

I’m a white woman and I agree with you. But – I fear that until more “blacks” realize that liberalism can be their jailer and not their liberator the situation will get worse. I think blacks should stop thinking that conservatives/Republicans can only be racists and they should stop ridiculing black conservatives. I think the Republican party and, yes, the Tea Party (whatever it is) would like nothing better than to have more black support and members. As a Republican, I know I would.

2. Biffdavenport says:

Well said.

Can I come by too?

What are you serving?

42. hillcoguy says:

UPDATE: MIAMI ‘WAR ZONE’ DURING URBAN WEEKEND…
    ‘I was scared for my life’…
    Poet ‘Da Real One’ Gunned Down In Front Of Miami Poetry Cafe…
    Violent crime explodes in Myrtle during Black Bike Week; 8-hour hell…
    Rib Fest At Rochester beach turns rowdy…
    Riot On Long Island…
    Urban Melee In Charlotte…
    Chaos causes DNC concern for convention…
    Unruly urban crowd shuts down Nashville water park…
    Emanuel shuts down packed Chicago beach; ‘heat-related illnesses’…
    REPORT: ‘Dozens of gang bangers’…
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Martin said: I have a dream……
    I dream of the day that we are judged by the content of our CHARACTER and NOT by the color of our skin….I HAVE A DREAM!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’m truly sorry Martin….but your dream HAS COME TRUE!

1. NYGlenn says:

Marty’s “dream” is more like a nightmare!

43. will says:

JohnD

“This man was obviously a criminal. As for the peple here saying how terrible this was, it is what I’ve come to expect from “blacks” today.. They are nothing but lawless animals. ”

Sad but true JohnD.

44. chester says:

Who Care’s…

45. Voxhalyn Rakkasan says:

This is what happen when you elect a man to the highest office in the free world based solely on his skin color. It sends a message to others that the color of your skin is enough of an “entitlement” to do and act as you wish without fear of consequence.

After all, if Obama can be President (with the weakest qualifications in at 100 years) then I can riot, pillage and wreak general anarchy, right?

46. NYGlenn says:

I’m willing to bet that the elderly disabled person he victimized didn’t deserve what “Da Real One” inflicted upon him or her. Sometimes what goes around comes around Ms. Vicks!!

47. The Scmoogie Avenger says:

OBAMA time.

48. orlandocajun says:

Just about every major city in this country is turning in to a third world cesspool because of “cultural diversity” and “white racism”. Yet, liberals continue to assert that there’s some reason that they’re criminals other than, of course, that they’re criminals. It won’t be long until the streets of major U.S. cities will be war zones like many cities in Mexico. This is what happens with “cultural diversity”. There were no such problems 50 years ago before the influx of third world trash and liberals in the Federal Government. We keep importing trash, we’re going to get a lot of garbage.

49. ONTIME says:

A guy with his kind of looks and sugar tongued poet. it might be he was doing some body elses poontang and the odds of keeping it secret caught up with him……..they didn’t take a thing and wanted all to see.

1. Biffdavenport says:

What kind of looks?

The creepy I am going to jump you at the ATM look?

1. Biffdavenport says:

Wait, I am sorry.

It is the “I’m rocked on the pipe” look.

2. Givemedacashbitzch says:

Oh yeah, this guy is a real looker.

ha..haha.. HaHaHA..HAHAHAHAHAHA!

50. Michael Steiner says:

I don’t give a damn if a human was bad before they are murdered. Murder is Murder. Why should it mean anything that the victim was black or Asian or Caucasian or Native American ? Why should this story read any different due to his criminal background? Murder is murder and in a sane competent society murder is not acceptable. The story is about a murder and nothing else.

51. notterriblyconcerned says:

Now having read his poetry, I think it was the ghost of Robert Frost who got him. He was a bad poet. And apparently not much of a drug dealer either.

52. mahatma koat says:

da real one now be da real dead one.

no mo scamming da ole folks or bouncing checks.

53. rest in peace willie… we’ll miss you…

54. Paul in FL says:

Feste – well I, for one, as a south Florida resident, found his murder humorous. A scam artist, with a nasty police record, at his “Literary Cafe” on NE 125th St (!)., at 12.30 a.m.? That’s exceedingly humorous.

55. Kevin Stowell says:

Darwinism strikes again!

56. Gregg Adams says:

Now he “Da Dead One”!!!!!!

57. Fluidizer says:

Rap is now considered “poetry” eh? The ability to make two words rhyme to a synthesized back beat earns you invite to one of Michele Obama’s taxpayer funded parties at the White House? .
    The only real Poet that Pop-Music has ever seen was written and performed by a man named Jim Morrison. Everything else is nothing but vile, simplistic, urban GARBAGE.

58. Mike says:

If he was a good poet, you would expect that he could he could spell the word “the”. It is not spelled “da”

59. John Svengali says:

“DA DEAD ONE!”

60. sailordude says:

Poor guy,

He’s dead and that’s the picture they ran of him, all stoned out.

RIP Dead Poet Society member

61. Alex says:

Yay – they spend money on alcohol and cigarettes and fatty foods! I love how people are told this is a boon (pun intended) to the economy. What a joke – 3 times as much will be spent having to deal with the crime these lowlifes commit.

62. Chlamydia Jones says:

LOL – another Billy “Shakespear” gunned down. What a loss for the American arts.

63. rhonda says:

why does cbs always place that metal and blue graphic behind peoples pics that have died?