Elderly Couple Taken To Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

HOLLYWOOD (CBS4) – An elderly Hollywood couple are recovering Friday from an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning after they left their car running, police said.

Police said that the man and woman, who appear to be in their 80s, came home located in the 3600 block of Simms Street, parked their car in the garage and for some reason left it running.

The woman called 911 after her husband lost consciousness, assuming he had suffered a stroke.

When the Hollywood Fire Department arrived they quickly found evidence of the noxious gas, said Hollywood FD spokesman Chief Mark Steele.

Both individuals were taken to Memorial Regional Hospital.

A woman and her two children who live next door also were evacuated because of the fumes.

Police later reported that the couple was doing better.

(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Miami

Adopt-A-Family For The Holidays
Join Us For Jonathan's Day!

Listen Live