Small Fire At Universal’s Beetlejuice Review
ORLANDO (CBS4) – Things got a little hot Sunday at Universal Orlando’s Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue after a fire broke out in the backstage area.
Firefighters said the fire was put out in minutes, did not cause any serious damage and did not affect the scheduled shows. The cause appears to have been a pyrotechnic malfunction.
The live action show, which features Beetlejuice and some of Universal Studios most famous monster singing and dancing, is performed in an outdoor amphitheater and has “enough pyrotechnics to wake the dead”, according to Universal Studios website.
This is the second fire at the Orlando theme park this year.
Last month, a fire broke out on the roof of a building at the Dudley Do-Right’s Rip Saw Falls in the Islands of Adventure. There were passengers on the log flume ride at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported.
That ride remains closed for annual maintenance.
(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)