cbs4 My 33 Header Logo

Local

Boca Raton Woman, Kids Escape Smoky Apartment Fire

View Comments
A Boca Raton firefighter examines a stove which caught fire early Sunday morning.  (Source: Boca Raton Fire Rescue)

A Boca Raton firefighter examines a stove which caught fire early Sunday morning. (Source: Boca Raton Fire Rescue)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

BOCA RATON (CBS4) – A Boca Raton woman and her two small children are safe after an early morning fire badly damaged their apartment.

Boca Raton Fire Rescue spokesman Frank Correggio said they received a call around 1 a.m. about a fire in the 200 block of NE 15th Terrace. According to emergency dispatchers, the woman who called to report the fire said she hear a “pop” and then smelled smoke. When she to find the cause of the noise and smell, the woman said she saw flames and smoke coming from under her stove in the kitchen.


The woman said she woke up her two children along with her room-mate and they all got out of the apartment as quickly as the could. Arriving firefighters put out the stove fire in short order and then used specialized high-speed fans to remove the smoke from the apartment.

Fire officials estimate the damage at approximately $10 thousand.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,475 other followers