DEERFIELD BEACH (CBS4) – Broward County Fire & Rescue worked a propane gas leak in the 500 block of Jim Moran Boulevard in Deerfield Beach late Thursday morning.

According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, construction crews were in the area and accidentally cut a gas line. It forced some evacuations and left construction workers sitting on the side of the road waiting for the scene to be secured.

Chopper 4 was over the scene and found multiple firefighters wearing gas masks surrounding a small hole in the ground at the location. The firefighters sprayed water into the hole to combat the leak.

Jim Moran Boulevard was shut down in both directions in the area.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Miami

What Are People Talking About?
Weather Forecast 24/7Check for current temps and what to expect throughout the day

Watch & Listen LIVE