DEERFIELD BEACH (CBS4) – Broward County Fire & Rescue worked a propane gas leak in the 500 block of Jim Moran Boulevard in Deerfield Beach late Thursday morning.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, construction crews were in the area and accidentally cut a gas line. It forced some evacuations and left construction workers sitting on the side of the road waiting for the scene to be secured.
Chopper 4 was over the scene and found multiple firefighters wearing gas masks surrounding a small hole in the ground at the location. The firefighters sprayed water into the hole to combat the leak.
Jim Moran Boulevard was shut down in both directions in the area.