By CBSMiami.com Team

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Firefighters responded to a first-alarm blaze Wednesday at a synagogue in Northeast Miami-Dade.

Authorities said the fire started in the kitchen of the Congregation Khal Chasidim, at 961 NE 172 Street.

READ MORE: Martin Luther King Jr. Legacy Honored With Parades, Unity March

The structure had to be evacuated while firefighters got the fire under control.

READ MORE: Full 'Wolf Moon' Happening On A Chilly Night In South Florida

Chopper 4 images showed heavy fire damage on the roof as well as firefighters on the roof trying to combat light smoke coming from the structure.

MORE NEWS: 13-Bedroom Home Gifted To Florida Family Raising 15 Kids

No injuries were reported.

CBSMiami.com Team