By Team

FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in Monday’s carjacking in Fort Lauderdale in which a man drove off with a toddler inside.

Police said the suspect, 19-year-old Lavincent Fisher of Fort Lauderdale, was found Tuesday around 10 a.m. in the 1300 block of NW 6th Street and taken into custody. They added that he was positively identified from surveillance video from a gas station convenience store where the car was taken from. He’s been charged with auto theft and could face additional charges.

READ MORE: Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Buys Site Of Former Deauville Resort, Plans Luxury Hotel

According to the surveillance video, the woman went into the store at 1095 W Sunrise Boulevard and left the child in the car.

Fisher, who was inside the store, reportedly noticed the car was still running, walked outside, got in, and began to drive off.

(Source: Fort Lauderdale PD)

The store’s clerk called 911 and said the man told her he was waiting for an Uber.

“But as soon as she came in, he went and jumped in her car and left,” the clerk told the emergency operator.

It happened within seconds.

READ MORE: Teen Gymnast Reunites With Jackson Health Doctors Who Performed Life Changing Back Surgery

“He drove off with my child in the car,” the child’s mother said.

The child’s mother said she went into survival mode for her child and jumped on the hood to stop him, nearly getting hit.

“He literally damn near ran her over while another customer and her got in a car and went down Sunrise and going westbound, chasing the car,” the clerk told 911.

The frantic mom also called 911 and told the emergency operator where they were as they followed her car. The chase came to an end blocks away in the 17-hundred block of NW 3rd court.

“I found my car, I found my car. He ran, he ran, he ran,” she told 911.

“Hey you, come back,” she screamed at the man.

“M’am, ma’am, do not run after him,” the emergency operator told her.

MORE NEWS: T-Shirt Disrupts Jury Selection Process For Parkland Shooter Nikolas Cruz Penalty Trial

The police arrived on the scene shortly thereafter and the mother and child were reunited. Team