MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Prices at the gas pumps drifted a bit downward in the last week.
According to AAA, Florida gas prices dipped by three cents in last week.READ MORE: North Miami Beach Mayor Creates GoFundMe Page To Help Displaced Crestview Towers Residents
Although crude oil prices notched another small weekly gain, wholesale gasoline prices declined.READ MORE: Have You Seen Ashley Espinoza-Sanchez? Missing Woman Last Seen At Hard Rock Stadium
The state average of $2.94 per gallon is three cents less than a week ago. Florida gas prices are now 4 cents less than this year’s high of $2.98 per gallon on June 11th.
Regional PricesMORE NEWS: South Florida Doctors Reiterate There’s No Proof COVID Vaccine Causes Female Infertility
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.07), Panama City ($3.06), Tallahassee ($3.02)
- Least expensive metro markets – Punta Gorda ($2.85), Orlando ($2.89), The Villages ($2.90)
Gasoline Conservation Tips
- Combine errands
- Share a ride with friends/family
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle. More weight means your engine must work harder.
- Drive conservatively. “Gunning it at the green light” or slamming the accelerator makes the engine work harder and wastes gasoline.
- Perform routine maintenance.
- Ensure tires are properly inflated. Under-inflated tires reduces your mileage and increases the wear on your tires.