By CBSMiami.com Team

POMPANO BEACH (CBSMiami) – One person was hospitalized on Monday following a small explosion caused by a gas leak in Pompano Beach.

It happened at a business in a shopping plaza in the 1400 block of Atlantic Boulevard.

READ MORE: Man's Remains Found In Shallow Grave Behind Miami Gardens Home

The area surrounding the shopping plaza was evacuated as a precaution.

READ MORE: Miami Police Locate Missing Woman 68-Year-Old Gwendolyn Spencer

Pompano Beach Fire Rescue says they received a call several days ago about a gas leak and they were able to cap it.

One person suffered burns and was hospitalized.

MORE NEWS: CBS4 Exclusive: Clever Thieves Using Signals From Key Fobs To Burglarize Vehicles

Officials were able to cut the gas line.

CBSMiami.com Team