HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) – The city of Homestead will be offering a walk-up COVID vaccination event on Saturday.
With the help of the Florida Department of Emergency Management, the site at the FOP Lodge at Harris Field – located at 675 N Homestead Blvd. – will administer 400 Pfizer shots for Florida residents 18 years of age and older.READ MORE: Business Owners In South Florida Say They're Struggling To Get Employees Back To Work
The event will run from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. or until all doses are given out.
Since it’s the two-shot Pfizer vaccine, individuals will be scheduled for their second dose at the time of vaccination.READ MORE: ‘Pretty Big Pay Package’: Broward School Board Negotiates $743K Exit Deal For Embattled Supt. Robert Runcie
Proof of Florida residency is required. A farmworker ID also works.
If an individual does not have a valid state ID or driver’s license, they can provide two of the following documents:MORE NEWS: Pembroke Pines PD: 15-Year-Old Bicyclist Killed After Being Dragged Under Minivan For 30 Feet
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days
- A utility bill, not more than two months old
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings or investment account statements, not more than two months old
- Mail from a federal, state, county or municipal government agency, not more than two months old
For information on other South Florida vaccination sites, click here.