MIAMI (CBSMiami) — There are only 15 days until Election Day and early voting officially gets underway today across South Florida where there are 14 million active, registered voters.
Early voting polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in both Miami-Dade and Broward counties and from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in Monroe.READ MORE: Grab The Bug Spray: Rainy Season Is Mosquito Season And The Blood Suckers Are Back
Voters can cast their ballots early until Sunday, November 1.
In Monroe, early voting ends a day earlier, on Saturday, October 31.
Wait times for all early voting sites are posted on county elections department websites.
Around the country, record numbers of voters have swamped early-voting sites in recent days, in some cases leading to hours-long waits.
MORE ON CBSMIAMI.COM
Florida Reports Highest Coronavirus Numbers In Past Two Months
With Countywide Curfew Lifted, Miami Beach Bars & Clubs Can Return To Late Night Operating Hours
14 Florida Cities, Including Miami, Make List Of Best Places To Live, According To US News
The expected heavy turnout could be complicated by precautions aimed at preventing the spread of coronavirus, which requires social distancing and sanitizing voting machines after each time they are used.
There is no early voting on Nov. 2, the day before Election Day.
Voters who don’t want the U.S. Postal Service to handle their ballots can choose to drop off their ballots at any early voting location where there are secure drop boxes set up, while they are open.
In addition to the 33 early voting locations in Miami, there are four extra drop boxes located at:
- Elections Department (Main Office), 2700 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, Fl. 33172
- Stephen P. Clark Center, 111 NW 1st Street (Lobby), Miami, FL. 33128
- North Dade Regional Library, 2455 NW 183rd Street, Miami Gardens, FL. 33056
- South Dade Regional Library, 10750 SW 211 Street, Cutler Bay, FL. 33189
In addition to the 22 early voting locations in Broward, there are two additional drop boxes located at:
- Voting Equipment Center at the Lauderhill Mall (Rear Entrance) 1501 N.W. 40th Ave. Lauderhill
- Broward County Administration Building, 115 South Andrews Ave. (Brickell Avenue Entrance) Fort Lauderdale.
MORE NEWS: Have You Seen Him? South Miami Man Roberto Zavala Missing For Two Months