MIAMI (CBSMiami) – All southbound I-95 lanes will be closed Tuesday, October 22, from SR 112/I-195 to SR 836/I-395, between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5:30 a.m., to allow for the installation of overhead sign structures.
Drivers on Southbound I-95 can:
▪ Exit at the eastbound I-195 ramp, then exit at North Miami Avenue.
▪ Go south on North Miami Avenue, then turn left on NE 14 Street.
▪ Turn right on NE 2 Avenue, then turn right on NE 13 Street.
▪ Turn left on NE 1 Avenue to access I-395 west and then enter the southbound I-95 ramp. o Drivers on eastbound SR 112 can
Exit at NW 12 Avenue; then go south on NW 12 Avenue. ▪ Access the eastbound SR 836 ramp, then enter the southbound I-95 ramp. o Drivers on westbound I-195/Julia Tuttle Causeway can:
▪ Exit at Biscayne Boulevard and head south, then turn right on NE 13 Street. ▪ Turn left on NE 1 Avenue to access I-395 west and then enter the southbound I-95 ramp.
All southbound 95 Express Lanes will also be closed from the Golden Glades Interchange to SR 112 between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m.READ MORE: 'Once A Failure Occurs, Gravity Takes Over And Increases Load': Engineer Paul Danforth Gives Insight Into The Condo Collapse In Surfside
Officials said the closures are part of the I-395/SR 836/I-95 Design-Build Project that will reconstruct the I-395 corridor from the SR 836/I-395/I-95 (Midtown) Interchange to the MacArthur Causeway Bridge, including the construction of a Signature Bridge over NE 2 Avenue and Biscayne Boulevard; doubledeck SR 836 from west of NW 17 Avenue to the Midtown Interchange and the replacement of the concrete pavement on I-95 from NW 8 Street to NW 29 Street.MORE NEWS: Surfside Condo Collapse: At Least One Dead, 51 Unaccounted For; 55 Units Involved In Catastrophe